stock market was up today...

Usually the banks do short-term lending to one another. But for whatever reason, rates for this spiked. So the Fed stepped in to offer loans at the normal rates.
For some reason? The reason is that these repo deals are set up so that the banks buy back whatever asset they originally sold. However, since so many people/entities have been looking to park money somewhere, you've had an explosion in these repo deals. So entities exchange cash for equities for a period of time and in turn sell them back to the banks at some agreed upon price. Problem is that the banks are now being inundated with these repo swaps and are running out of cash to buy back the equities, not to mention the fact that you have several of these equities that have suffered losses over the last few weeks and months that have pushed them below their original rebuy price.

For some reason? The reason is that these repo deals are set up so that the banks buy back whatever asset they originally sold. However, since so many people/entities have been looking to park money somewhere, you've had an explosion in these repo deals. So entities exchange cash for equities for a period of time and in turn sell them back to the banks at some agreed upon price. Problem is that the banks are now being inundated with these repo swaps and are running out of cash to buy back the equities, not to mention the fact that you have several of these equities that have suffered losses over the last few weeks and months that have pushed them below their original rebuy price.

OK.

Note that that doesn't have anything to do with fracking.

OK.

Note that that doesn't have anything to do with fracking.
It has to do with fracking because the race to the bottom in most of the equities is being lead by the severe losses in the fracking industry.

Did you really not pay attention to the dots they guy in the video carefully and distinctly connected?

It has to do with fracking because the race to the bottom in most of the equities is being lead by the severe losses in the fracking industry.

Did you really not pay attention to the dots they guy in the video carefully and distinctly connected?

I told you, I just watched the first ten minutes.

The repo spike did not coincide with a broad market sell off. Oil drillers have a relatively small share of the market.

no bounce yet
bounced off the lows of 1015am

SPYstockchart_1570114162635.png

This is ridiculous. So the services industry results this morning shows weakness and the markets decline. That makes sense. But then everybody starts thinking that now the Fed has to cut rates! And the market goes back up. Ignoring actuals which would make sense to take a pause on and instead putting it all doubled down on 10 the hard way! Brilliant! Dumbasses...

Good. Malls began to fail in the 90's. For all you Knoxville residents you have the perfect case study, East Towne Mall...or Knoxville Center..whatever they call it now. Mall went to sh!t because West Town got its act together (it was a dump). They re-branded to Knoxville Center, things picked up, then the buses came with the poor people. Fast forward a few years and no one is really shopping in malls, they are just hanging out in front of store fronts..

Good. Malls began to fail in the 90's. For all you Knoxville residents you have the perfect case study, East Towne Mall...or Knoxville Center..whatever they call it now. Mall went to sh!t because West Town got its act together (it was a dump). They re-branded to Knoxville Center, things picked up, then the buses came with the poor people. Fast forward a few years and no one is really shopping in malls, they are just hanging out in front of store fronts..
The last time I was in a mall was to go through a Sears store to the local County Clerk to renew my tags because the system wouldn't let me do it online. You could hear crickets in the Sears store and some yahoo standing near the exit thanked me for coming into Sears even though I was only getting my tags renewed. Malls died years ago along with Sears, Kmart, Montgomery Wards and soon to be JC Penneys.

QDz5bt4tnSPIdxXg6l1ZtpnSl_JWIrcmGZFs5hbAft4.jpg

Reactions: Obsessed and VolnJC
I used to see so many dead malls when I traveled consulting but I never saw any being actually demolished..at some point they have to be torn down real estate is too valuable and that's alot of space

Meh. There are a lot of available shoppers living within 10 miles of Washington Pike.

I chuckle at you guys that think you're stock picking Gods. Warren Buffett wagered a bet that he could invest $1million on the S&P 500 against the best mutual fund and do better over 10 years.
Well guess what? He won, by a lot.
Wrong. This is all wrong. But that’s pretty much par for the course.

I used to see so many dead malls when I traveled consulting but I never saw any being actually demolished..at some point they have to be torn down real estate is too valuable and that's alot of space
Costs way too much to demo a Mall, it’s not cost effective. That’s why we saw them sit idle and empty for so many years.

A lot of them are actually being re-purposed these days as Distribution Centers. Retailers like Amazon are gobbling them up as they expand their distribution networks.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back