stock market was up today...

More of a command by negation. Businesses in question do what they do unless stopped.

My only concern is that’s they merge and we have another 2008 recession type deal and the bank collapses and we have we have another bank that is too big to fail.

My only concern is that’s they merge and we have another 2008 recession type deal and the bank collapses and we have we have another bank that is too big to fail.
You’d still have five more banks bigger than them that are too big to fail. And the reserves required today to protect that from happening also come into play.

If that is the case, then when will we see some antitrust regulations coming out of the Trump administration?

There’s already some antitrust in the works right now , Mr Amazon is going to give half of everything he owns to Mrs. Amazon and her attorneys .

Last edited:
Just playing hypothetical... started out saying "If that is the case"...
I guess Sears should be super pissed and ready for some legal action too.

Sears is funny because they are the original Amazon. When everyone was brick and mortar they shipped you things from a catalog. They destroyed tons of businesses. Then they watched “the cyberspace” like it was some sort of cute fad. That eventually ruined them like they ruined others.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I guess Sears should be super pissed and ready for some legal action too.

Sears is funny because they are the original Amazon. When everyone was brick and mortar they shipped you things from a catalog. They destroyed tons of businesses. Then they watched “the cyberspace” like it was some sort of cute fad. That eventually ruined them like they ruined others.
Good point.... Sears totally missed the future.

Nobody gave a **** when Walmart put my father and half of my hometown out of business back in the early 80s. (My town was actually featured in an architectural trade magazine back then for what they called the "Walmartization" of small town America)

Go AMZN!

If that is the case, then when will we see some antitrust regulations coming out of the Trump administration?
Why should a company be penalized for picking a solid business plan and executing it flawlessly? Not a Bezos fan but he built an empire with his ideas.

Just like when the Feds came down on Microsoft. I’m not s huge Microsoft fan either but they had a great product (OS and browser bundle) and business plan and executed. And they were only penalized for success.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Nobody gave a **** when Walmart put my father and half of my hometown out of business back in the early 80s. (My town was actually featured in an architectural trade magazine back then for what they called the "Walmartization" of small town America)

Go AMZN!
Walmart put half of most small town businesses out years ago, and I owned a small business. I bought Walmart stock. If you can't lick 'em…….....

Reactions: 0nelilreb

VN Store

Back