Still work to do, but the Vols up 17 spots in USA TODAY NCAA re-rank poll following Missouri win

Considering how far away you could see the smoke this past off season, 59th is understandable. In some ways a reflection of Missouri's struggles as much as it is Tennessee's victory.

But hey, if Tennessee goes on to beat South Carolina, it'll probably crack the 40s.

And if Tennessee then travels and beats Ole Miss they may break into the 30s.

And if Tennessee travels and beats Alabama they will be crowned the Best of All Times Champion to the Max Mango Southern Shock and the entire state of Tennessee will go on holiday for the month.

Considering how far away you could see the smoke this past off season, 59th is understandable. In some ways a reflection of Missouri's struggles as much as it is Tennessee's victory.

But hey, if Tennessee goes on to beat South Carolina, it'll probably crack the 40s.

And if Tennessee travels and beats Alabama they will be crowned the Best of All Times Champion to the Max Mango Southern Shock and the entire state of Tennessee will go on holiday for the month.

If all that happens ain’t shat getting done on campus

Just keep fighting, improving and win as many as we can. Then it'll all work out.

I won't hold that #gatorsuck loss against Heupel if he can figure out how to get a win against a ranked Kiffen team.

Just keep fighting, improving and win as many as we can. Then it'll all work out.

I won't hold that #gatorsuck loss against Heupel if he can figure out how to get a win against a ranked Kiffen team.

strong run defense limit the pass plays over 15y.

Ole Piss is at home, Increases our chances.

These polls are a joke. I get it that UT isn't the cool pick. Although the love on most networks are giving other 3/2 teams is pathetic. I cant remember if it was during the game or during highlights that one of the anchors said "TN lost all of its good players in the portal". To me the two biggest losses were Morris and HT. UT really does need a solid beatdown of SC.

I'm not sure where I'd rank Tennessee overall, since I don't know what kind of team we'll trot out against South Carolina/Ole Miss/Alabama, but I'm pretty sure that the Vols would beat the hell out of Boise State, Nebraska, Memphis, Utah and Virginia at bare minimum.
Pretty Terrible poll. How is a 3 loss Nebraska above us? A team that somehow found a way to lose to Illinois

VN Store

Back