Steelers claim Dobbs

Except I said it at the he got traded on here I think. The only reason they chose to keep the Oklahoma State guy over him is that he was a higher draft choice. They seemed to pay no attention to the fact that Dobbs, in limited action, always got good results. Sorry, can't think of the name of the guy they kept instead.
I was referring to the Steeler’s hindsight. Trade then pick up off waivers is a good trade for them.

The only issue is that he has been out of their system getting and getting the other team’s yuck on him.

Why do I've cream trucks play "Turkey in the Straw"? Annoying.
I went to look this song up and this what I found smh I had no idea about this, did you? JW bc it took me by surprise for sure.

Can't see Bray as a coach. He can't even hit a dumpster with a bottle without a Toyota tipping it.
I could. His first few years in the NFL he was with the Chiefs with Andy Reid as his head coach. I am sure Bray has studied countless hours worth of film and has experiences studying and breaking down defenses in the NFL. Often career backups make good coaches. Gary Kubiak, Frank Reich and Jason Garrett come to mind. I am sure Bray has also matured since his days at Tennessee. Which is probably another reason he has managed to stay in the league for so long.

Reactions: BigDave
Not the largest $ signing bonuses or contracts, but the pensions will be sweet for them.
NFL pension isn't that good at all, especially compared to baseball. But compared to regular people, its better than nothing (55K-ish tops a year). Their 401(k) plan is sick, with 200% employee matching or something nuts like that.

Not to mention the doors they may get open for them in terms of TV and coaching. Its not top notch NFL money but it does have a few perks.

I stated in another thread about his being able to get into coaching. I would not be surprised to see him evolve into a coaching position with Pittsburgh. Their personality and organization's history just seem to me to point toward him being with them for a long time if he chooses to go the coaching route.

NFL pension isn't that good at all, especially compared to baseball. But compared to regular people, its better than nothing (55K-ish tops a year). Their 401(k) plan is sick, with 200% employee matching or something nuts like that.

I'm surprised, had always heard it was so great.

He's in a far better spot in Pittsburgh and Big Ben always liked Dobbs (moreso than he likes Rudolph). I think after last season Pittsburgh realized how bum Rudolph really is so there is a solid chance for Dobbs to compete and earn a position as QB2. I imagine he is much happier going back to Pittsburgh, an organization worth a damn, rather than rotting in Jacksonville for a few more years.

I know we’d all love to see Josh get his opportunity in a competitive situation, but he’s got a pretty good gig going. He gets to preserve his body and mind and gets paid a great amount $ to do so.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I stated in another thread about his being able to get into coaching. I would not be surprised to see him evolve into a coaching position with Pittsburgh. Their personality and organization's history just seem to me to point toward him being with them for a long time if he chooses to go the coaching route.
Im sure he could get into coaching. Isnt he a rocket scientist or something like that??

I think for the Steelers to want him back says a lot about Dobbs. Not sure he will ever be a starter, but a very good solid backup.
Let's face the facts. He's never going to be a starter. He hasn't even been no. 2. He wasn't the backup in Pitt nor in Jacksonville. His role will be with the clipboard and as a player coach

VN Store

Back