Steele not allowed to make hires

So...not the coach.

It makes sense.

I mean, it's still cold in Knoxville. And it's about to get even cooler! Brrrr🥶

Reactions: volsfan24017
Gotta say, Steele is either a hardcore VFL or an absolutely idiot to agree to this situation. Indicators seemed to be his employment is going to be dependent on what NCAA decides for our program. We get hit hard, he’s the dude. If we get by easy, we will be hiring someone else. Hope his contract included some good guaranteed money.

Clay Travis has connections in odd places... Dude had the sitting president of the U.S. on his show... TWICE... I take him at his word for things, he's not a bullshitter really...

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Gotta say, Steele is either a hardcore VFL or an absolutely idiot to agree to this situation. Indicators seemed to be his employment is going to be dependent on what NCAA decides for our program. We get hit hard, he’s the dude. If we get by easy, we will be hiring someone else. Hope his contract included some good guaranteed money.

You're probably right. One problem is... How long will it take for us to know what the sanctions are? This could take a year or more.

Shouldn't be hiring anyone else unless he's been given the job. Just have a feeling it's going to end with Steele as the last candidate standing.

You may be right. In that case, we sign him to a one-year deal with incentives. It’s on us if we sign him to a long-term contract knowing full well he’s not a viable long-term option. Let’s hope leadership uses half a brain moving forward.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Yeah, I'm going to call BS on this one. We are supposed to believe that coaches are calling CT and asking for his help? Like they don't already have an agent that can do that work. What do they (if they were real) think he's going to do to help their chances?
LOL...that guy!
Yes i believe Clay. He has tons of connections.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

VN Store

Back