StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
Min Fouls Blocks
Key UT 890 92 132
Boston SC 985 49 87
Cziano IW 890 90 8
Kitley VaT 1026 65 77
Staiti Ga 793 55 66
Cunane NCS 927 72 31

When Boston backs in players are moved and she receives the benefit of the scrum. Nothing for or against Boston but Key gets called frequently for the type of fouls that Boston is not assessed because of her physical presence. If she was to become offensively aggressive and not focus on defensive blocks is it possible that her rebounding would benefit and her offensive presence would be increased as well?

Min Fouls Blocks
Key UT 890 92 132
Boston SC 985 49 87
Cziano IW 890 90 8
Kitley VaT 1026 65 77
Staiti Ga 793 55 66
Cunane NCS 927 72 31

When Boston backs in players are moved and she receives the benefit of the scrum. Nothing for or against Boston but Key gets called frequently for the type of fouls that Boston is not assessed because of her physical presence. If she was to become offensively aggressive and not focus on defensive blocks is it possible that her rebounding would benefit and her offensive presence would be increased as well?

Yes. I agree. I also feel that Key will get the necessary training to take her to the next level. She has progressed over the years. No reason not to believe it will happen again.

I give Key credit for improving this year, and she's had some good performances, especially defensively, but she simply is not athletic enough
to be the dominant player her size would suggest that she could be. She doesn't move well enough to be more of a scoring threat, but that is what the coaches should work with her on relentlessly over the next months--try to speed up her offensive game, try to improve her footwork and get her to develop a couple of basic moves. She needs to use her lower body more on offense--and get the ball up higher after she receives it. She is capable of making incremental improvements to her offensive game, I think she will, and the team will be benefit.

I posted this thread to include seven noted posts with different sets of skills. Reading so many comments on "what Key should do better" I can only wonder what players are you comparing her to, or wishing she becomes? Iowa had a center who ran the floor and set up low in the helter-fast played by the ultra skilled point-guard.

Kitley was the MVP in the ACC and if there were one center it would be she - same size and build but more assertive offensively. Key will never have a body-type like Boston or Cucine for those who continually say more time in the weight room.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back