P/F Negedu
C Chism

Off Bench
P/G Goins/Tabb
S/G Tatum
S/F Wooldrige
P/F Hall
C Williams

Williams needs to drop a few more pounds. Dont leave out Kenny Hall getting a shot. Remember Woolridge started the first few games.

Either that, or stop being afraid to take any sort of physical contact whatsoever.

I'd like to see Williams on the bench. Have Chism at the 5, and put Negedu at the 4.

Last edited:
He either needs to drop 20 and get more athletic or gain 20 in muscle to where he's a real beast, right now he's kinds in a no man's land

If Tyler comes back...

PG-Maze
SG-Hopson
F-Smith
F-Negedu
C-Chism

Guys coming off the bench to contribute...
Kenny Hall
Woolridge
Williams
Tabb/Goins
Prince
Tatum

That would be one of the worst perimeter shooting teams in America.

Unless the new guard signee can shoot lights out, i don't see any line up BP puts on the court that will be a good perimeter shooting team.

Unless Hopson brings down his "rainbows" and gets serious.

Hat, who do you think would/should start? Including whether Tyler does or does not come back.

By Scottie Pip I assume you mean Scottie Pippinowski, the starting point guard for the pickup games in your cul-de-sac

I'm pretty sure I just peed a little as I read that. lol although, I am hammered at the moment. Came up to Pittsburgh for business, ended up at a bar watching the game 7 between the penguins and Capitals. Not a huge hockey fun, but it sure is a fun drinking game. lol

That would be one of the worst perimeter shooting teams in America.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It would look alot like UK last year, minus Meeks. Plus side (IMO) is that this line up is above average in quickness (minus williams). Take advantage of fast breaks and pace, but the 3 point transition shot seems to have been an achilles heel for UT last season, coupled with settling for long 3's instead of driving. And with this line-up I don't see that changing.

Unless Hopson brings down his "rainbows" and gets serious.

I think he will. I really see him being a breakout player for UT this season. He showed flashes last season, but didn't put it all together. I really think it had to do with being a freshman. IMO he will be the breakout guy this season.

I think he will. I really see him being a breakout player for UT this season. He showed flashes last season, but didn't put it all together. I really think it had to do with being a freshman. IMO he will be the breakout guy this season.

He won't "put it all together" because he'll never be an assassin from the outside. He'll improve. His shooting, though, will remain merely serviceable.

He won't "put it all together" because he'll never be an assassin from the outside. He'll improve. His shooting, though, will remain merely serviceable.

His defensive effort is ten times a hindrance towards putting it all together than anything he does on offense.

Why do people care if he shoots "rainbows"? Because he'll airball a few of em due to the arc? What does it matter if it clanks of the rim or airballs? Probably have a better shot at an offensive rebound if he airballs anyway - won't be expecting it.

The shot works for him and it's harder to block. He still shot a better percentage than most of the guys on our team. I guess people would rather the opposing fans not chant "airball" and have his shooting percentage drop several points.

Here's the thing: Sadly, Hopson doesn't have the "IT" factor

Why do people care if he shoots "rainbows"? Because he'll airball a few of em due to the arc? What does it matter if it clanks of the rim or airballs? Probably have a better shot at an offensive rebound if he airballs anyway - won't be expecting it.

The shot works for him and it's harder to block. He still shot a better percentage than most of the guys on our team. I guess people would rather the opposing fans not chant "airball" and have his shooting percentage drop several points.

Your right, it worked for him this far, don't change it.

I think he'll have a good year, but for anyone who thinks he can be a great player, you will be sadly disappointed.

I think the talent to be a great player is there, but I think he lacks the mental toughness to get to that ability. This year will set the tone for the rest of his career at UT

I think he was a true freshman who played pretty well for a true freshman. I also think I've seen a ton of players who didn't play as well as true freshmen but eventually became stars. And finally I think I see way too many people writing off players way too early in their career.

you guys are sadly mistaken if you dont think hopson will be a great player for ut next year and will be a lottery pick when he decides to leave.... he was are best shooter last yr and hit a lot of tough shots and as a true freshmen playing in hostile crowds i think he played well... trust me

you guys are sadly mistaken if you dont think hopson will be a great player for ut next year and will be a lottery pick when he decides to leave.... he was are best shooter last yr and hit a lot of tough shots and as a true freshmen playing in hostile crowds i think he played well... trust me

I trust that you think he played well.

VN Store

Back