Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

The coach owes to every guy that suits up to play the players with the greatest chance of being successful. It’s unfair to the upperclassmen to endure a bunch of bad losses in the interest of the team being better after they’re gone.

The fly in the ointment right now is the idea that the other players want someone else besides JG. It sure seems like they’ve given up on him. So CJP has that to deal with.

At this point if I were JP, I'd consider using the rest of the season as "scrimmages" to get ready for the future.

Like most, I hope Bailey is the answer to our problems.
However, it does concern me that, according to the announcers yesterday, after Pruitt saw him practice declared him “terrible” and not worthy of getting even practice snaps.
Let’s hope Bailey proves this early evaluation of his ability wrong in the coming weeks.

I think that would be incredibly foolish to throw him into the fire like that, but we'll see what they do.
Playing in fear will never move the program forward. We have an all SEC schedule. When is the right time? Auburn? A&M? Florida? I remember Manning being thrown in vs UCLA as a freshman.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
I think you put Bailey out there and have him hand off 40 times with just enough passing to keep the defense honest.

Run the clock down every play to shorten the game and keep their offense off the field.

Get him some experience against the best and then work on expanding the playbook for him the rest of the year.

This game is a glorified scrimmage for both sides. May as well treat it as such.

And if Pruitt runs Guarantano out there again to turn the ball over again he is probably losing this team if he hasn't already.

Please don’t start HB against bama. I’d like to see him have a college career.
Bama's defense is not great. When compared to former Bama defenses, or UGA. UGA shot themselves in the foot, several times, in the 2nd half, with stupid penalties, turnovers, and bad breaks (2 tipped balls, by receivers). And a few Kirby brain farts. 1st down run vs 8 man front, 4 yds. 2nd down run vs 8 man front 4 yds. 3rd down pass, incomplete/int/sacked.

Bama's defense is not great. When compared to former Bama defenses, or UGA. UGA shot themselves in the foot, several times, in the 2nd half, with stupid penalties, turnovers, and bad breaks (2 tipped balls, by receivers).
It’s plenty good enough to make Stetson Bennett have his first bad game, but the guy’s not psychologically damaged either.

Reactions: m1al and kbear01
It’s plenty good enough to make Stetson Bennett have his first bad game, but the guy’s not psychologically damaged either.
Stetson's troubles weren't all caused by the D. Tipped balls, bad play calls. I really thought that UGA overthought alot of situations, last night.

Stetson's troubles weren't all caused by the D. Tipped balls, bad play calls. I really thought that UGA overthought alot of situations, last night.
Tipped balls are defense and there were bad calls against us that weren’t because we didn’t make them so.

Like most, I hope Bailey is the answer to our problems.
However, it does concern me that, according to the announcers yesterday, after Pruitt saw him practice declared him “terrible” and not worthy of getting even practice snaps.
Let’s hope Bailey proves this early evaluation of his ability wrong in the coming weeks.
I don't believe that is what he said. How could you recruit someone like that?

I remember when Dabo named Lawrence the starter over a already very good QB in Kelly Bryant that had a record of 16-2. It worked out for them.

I remember when Dabo named Lawrence the starter over a already very good QB in Kelly Bryant that had a record of 16-2. It worked out for them.
That was an obvious juggling act designed to keep Bryant as backup in his senior season. At least Dabo didn’t go full douche and announce Bryant as the starter for the 5th game. Allowing him to know he had never been the real starter and redshirt for a grad transfer. As it turns out, he should’ve stayed.

That was an obvious juggling act designed to keep Bryant as backup in his senior season. At least Dabo didn’t go full douche and announce Bryant as the starter for the 5th game. Allowing him to know he had never been the real starter and redshirt for a grad transfer. As it turns out, he should’ve stayed.

My point being that he started a freshman over an already established QB with a tremendous record.

Playing in fear will never move the program forward. We have an all SEC schedule. When is the right time? Auburn? A&M? Florida? I remember Manning being thrown in vs UCLA as a freshman.

Not wanting to get HB killed in a game that isn't winnable isn't playing scared. We get a bye after Alabama before going to Arkansas. Seems like that would be the best time to turn over the reigns.

Not wanting to get HB killed in a game that isn't winnable isn't playing scared. We get a bye after Alabama before going to Arkansas. Seems like that would be the best time to turn over the reigns.
Or perhaps the 2nd half of the game...when Bama will have it’s 3rd string in against us.

My point being that he started a freshman over an already established QB with a tremendous record.
Who showed what he was in the previous playoffs. Lawrence outplayed him every game. He was clearly better. Only reason Bryant started was an effort to keep him in the fold.

He’s not even close to being ready to play BUT I think you have to roll with Bailey. Really have to vanilla down the game plan and hope his abilities will carry you along. Probably going to see more freshmen in starting roles as well or at least in #2 on depth chart. JG clearly has the arm strength etc to play this game as QB but I fear by now his confidence level is at an all time low. I sincerely hope for his sake he can transfer (with the free year and transfer rule in place) to a place where he can have a successful enjoyable year next season.

VN Store

Back