Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

I don’t think the offense has any faith in JG anymore. If that’s the case then you have to play someone else. I have no problem throwing Bailey to the wolves. Will he struggle and cost us games? Yes he will. Will we be better off in the long term because of that? I believe so.

JG gives us no better chance to win than Shrout or Bailey. That is pure hogwash, I don't buy that at all. GBO!!!!!
So you think an ill prepared freshmen who has no reps besides an all rook scrimmage will be good to throw him in against bama? I say due to our coaches terrible planning and complete lack of preparation, jg is our best option. It should not be jg, but hell they prepared no one else.

So you think an ill prepared freshmen who has no reps besides an all rook scrimmage will be good to throw him in against bama? I say due to our coaches terrible planning and complete lack of preparation, jg is our best option. It should not be jg, but hell they prepared no one else.
So because JG has 5 years of poor play, it better to trot him out there and risk losing again....then to give someone else a chance...???
Makes no sense.....u trot someone out there and they lose your in the same boat....they win and you have momentum...win with JG and everyone still waiting for the colaspe that will happen again

So because JG has 5 years of poor play, it better to trot him out there and risk losing again....then to give someone else a chance...???
Makes no sense.....u trot someone out there and they lose your in the same boat....they win and you have momentum...win with JG and everyone still waiting for the colaspe that will happen again
At the moment, yes. I'm trying to minimize what a bad job our staff has felt was the right decision. Which is not giving our backups any reps. My guess, bama will break any qb we roll out there bc they will have had very little practice time. Don't be mad at me, be mad that Pruitt allowed this to happen.

Will the ones still be on the field? Last I heard they were responsible for all of JGs turnovers in the last two games.
The ones don't play hard for JG. If we get someone new to build on it might give them a shot they need right now.

Give Bailey all the reps in practice and start him against Alabama with a conservative game plan. Try to force the issue in the run game and not put Bailey in any bad spots. I don't see any other choice. Alabama is talented, but their defense isn't as good as UGA's defense. I do think the o-line will be ok in that game. Can we get smart play at QB and can the defense keep everything in front of them? Those are the big questions against Alabama. I'm not ready to fire Pruitt, but there's no doubt he's at a crossroads in his head coaching career right now.

I said basically the exact same thing in a different thread. We can’t beat Bama- the goal is to rid ourselves of the JG plague, get HB experience, and not get him killed. It’s achievable. Hell, mix in some wildcat just to give HB a break.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
I'll eat my hat if JG isn't the starter next week
If Pruitt doesn't want to be completely embarrassed by the fanbase at the game Saturday he will keep JG on the bench. Kentucky was the last straw and I am assuming by the actions of the team not going anywhere around JG after his 2nd pick 6 he is losing the team too.

Reactions: CJBlaze
For quite some time, I have been one of few on this board to give JG more credit than he deserves. Not anymore. Yesterday was a pure disaster. It’s time to move on from him.

However, as much as I agree that he shouldn’t play another snap in Orange, this conversation has been had countless times. I think we all know but are too afraid to admit that JG will be suiting up against Bama to lead us like lambs to the slaughter. After the bye week, who knows but my guess is still JG.

For some reason, Pruitt is determined to keep playing with fire. It’s clear Chaney doesn’t trust JG. Either that or Chaney should be fired because our offense is as one-dimensional as it gets. If all we’re going to do is lean heavy on the run, every team will just stack the box and we’ll get slaughtered. If that’s all you can count on with JG, it should be time to move on. But clearly Pruitt is too afraid to do so.

I’m fine with starting JT against Bama to take pressure off HB. But let’s face facts, he’s not the future QB so it would be like putting on an emergency spare tire in your car.

Give it to Bailey. Maybe after a few weeks of working in the first team he’ll be able to give us competent QB play and we can win against the beatable teams on our schedule. I like JG as a person but he single handedly lost it

Last edited:
I wasn’t with playing Bailey until after the Bama game, but after that fiasco we need to start him the rest of the year. I like JG as a person, he seems like a good kid, but for the sake of him and everyone involved we need to start another QB.

If he has to go out for a few plays, try Jimmy Holiday or Dee Beckwith in the wildcat.
It’s really the only option left. If he trots Guantánamo Bay out there it’ll be really bad. Bailey will make mistakes but he will gain valuable experience that will pay dividends later on. Butch threw Dobbs to the wolves in the exact same situation....

VN Store

Back