Start Bailey the rest of the season. No matter the outcome.

I would say start JG the first series then bring in Shrout the rest of the game. Let's at least see what Shrout can do. No reason to put out a true freshman against Bama.

If anything wait until Arkansas to start Bailey.
Why not what does he have to lose?? We play Bama EVERY year so he has to play them at some point.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Arkansas looks like they have improved recently. We have not. That's a reflection on the coaching staff.
And one has to ask how all these other teams can improve so quickly, yet we seem stuck in the mud with “higher ranked recruits”.

Reactions: JoAllan
I agree hand JG the clipboard and move Jimmy back to the QB room and open up competition. JH will likely redshirt anyway but at this point he deserves a shot over keeping JG in a uniform.

Tennessee didn't have it's best D game today and still struggles against the slant. But Kentucky has a good line and running backs and got so many gifts from our qb that they were able to wear us down running the ball. Having said that we aren't a terrible defense, when your O continues to not pick up first down and turns it over for points it tends to put you in a bad position. GBO!!!!!
Kinda hard when you are on the field yet again most of the game. Defense is probably pretty pissed at the offense. No time to recover. Play for 60 minutes at the rate the offense is going smh

JG will be back next week. JG will be back next year, and I fully expect Pruitt to file a wavier with the NCAA to get him an extra year of eligibility after that. This is our reality.
Blue or Orange Font ?

Give Bailey all the reps in practice and start him against Alabama with a conservative game plan. Try to force the issue in the run game and not put Bailey in any bad spots. I don't see any other choice. Alabama is talented, but their defense isn't as good as UGA's defense. I do think the o-line will be ok in that game. Can we get smart play at QB and can the defense keep everything in front of them? Those are the big questions against Alabama. I'm not ready to fire Pruitt, but there's no doubt he's at a crossroads in his head coaching career right now.
The announcers said they asked about HB and Pruitt basically said I have to spend all my time on my starter and dont have time for a 4th string guy.. I took that as JG is so bad they have to spend all of their time "coaching" him to make him serviceable while the other QB's are left out in the wind.

JG will be back next week. JG will be back next year, and I fully expect Pruitt to file a wavier with the NCAA to get him an extra year of eligibility after that. This is our reality.

It's Vols never ending version of
Ground Hogs Day
'

Ha, that just made me realize that’s probably the plan. Wasn’t Weinke 26 or something when he was so awesome against 19//20 years old???

Maybe that’s all JG needs... is to be 27 and 7 years older than the competition.

Agreed. JG nor Shrout will ever be winner. Bailey and Maurer have a chance. How it’s obvious to everyone except our HC is infuriating. Mismanagement of QBs is Pruitt‘a Achilles heel... it’s sad. He’s good at everything else but because he can’t manage QBs he won’t be here in 2 years

Ha, that just made me realize that’s probably the plan. Wasn’t Weinke 26 or something when he was so awesome against 19//20 years old???

Maybe that’s all JG needs... is to be 27 and 7 years older than the competition.

Weinke was 29 year Old Rookie in the NFL

I was against a Bama start but after thinking about it let him go get a good easy game plan together and lets roll with him JG is done he is a back up thats it .

I would say start JG the first series then bring in Shrout the rest of the game. Let's at least see what Shrout can do. No reason to put out a true freshman against Bama.

If anything wait until Arkansas to start Bailey.
Why? Bama probably has a worse defense than Kentucky and definitely has a worse defense than Georgia. They are going to hang 70 points on us so just put him in there and see if he can run things.

None of our first half problems were defensive. They were all on the offense, granted we got worn down due to them running and us way behind. But their running game is good, and defense would have did fine if our offense didn't gift wrap everything for kentucky and actually move the ball without turning it over. FACT! GBO!

Reactions: cgrish
Why? Bama probably has a worse defense than Kentucky and definitely has a worse defense than Georgia. They are going to hang 70 points on us so just put him in there and see if he can run things.
Why should he be given the start against Bama? Because he was highly touted coming out of high school? Just like JG was. Because he led the team down the field in an offensive series in garbage time against Kentucky? He's not done anything right now to show that he should be starting over Shrout. I will agree it needs to be Bailey or Shrout though at this point.

VN Store

Back