Stargirl (CW)

Finally got around to watching the first 3 episodes. I must say it's fantastic. I was always a big fan of the JSA so seeing them on screen in that first episode was pretty exciting and then visiting the JSA brownstone and seeing all the weapons with those great Alex Ross painted banners.

Solid cast all around Luke Wilson is really good as the patriarch and mentor. Amy Smartt is the a smokin' hot mom. Who with long blonde hair looks like Deborah Norville circa 2010.

The kid brother with comic relief.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dog
Anyone else watching?

I watched episodes 5 & 6 the other night and I'm really enjoying this show it's a lot of fun.

Stargirl going exclusive on the CW!

DC's Stargirl has been renewed for season 2 on The CW!

The CW will become the "exclusive in-season home for the show." Season 1 of Stargirl has been premiering on the DC Universe streaming platform, with new episodes then airing a day later on The CW.

Season 2 of Stargirl will reportedly not be streaming on DC Universe at all; season 2 episodes will premiere on The CW and then stream a day later on The CW streaming site, with the complete season then debuting on HBO Max when it is complete.

Stargirl season 1 is currently earning solid ratings for CW, halfway through its run.

Watched the the last 5 episodes from my DVR and this is really good hopefully it doesn't change much moving fulltime to the CW other than the addition of joining the Arrowverse.

Unfortunately it continues my pet peeve of so many people even enemies finding out your secret identity so early in a show.

Also the way things are going Blue Valley High is going to rival Sunnydale High for the number of faculty & students turning evil and or dying.

So I finally finished up the first season and overall I give it a (4.5/5).

This show had more deaths than any Arrowverse show since season 1 or 2 of Arrow.

They really reached back for a character like Shining Knight.

Hopefully the team continues to grow. I'd like to see Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl.

I'm really looking forward to Season 2.

Also that was totally Cerebro!🤔😉

Last edited:
Reactions: NEO
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the new season.
As have I, but that 3rd episode was pretty good. I love the Shade from the James Robinson "Starman" and it looks like they are using that version. An immortal, OP version, who is best friends with Starman and not really straight out evil villain, kinda an anti-hero. He is friends with Oliver Queen, Green Arrow, too. Now, don't piss him off, he will still kill u, but u gotta be evil or a Ludlow. Anyway, my favorite episode, like the Johnny Thunder and Wildcat cameos in the cold open. Thunderbolt was cgi, but not bad for a CW show or is it on HBO max show, too ?

I like the show, it’s kind of a slow burn though, meaning the pace is too slow.

He was going to cast his own daughter? How did she die?

No, The character Courtney Whitmore that Geoff Johns created for DC Comics & debuted in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E #0 in 1999 and first appeared as Stargirl in JSA: All Stars #4 in 2004.

Her name "Courtney" along with her appearance & personality was modeled after his younger sister Courtney Elizabeth Johns who died in the TWA Flight 800 crash in 1996.

He was going to cast his own daughter? How did she die?

The picture below is a photoshopped creation that is seen on Courtney's bedroom wall on the show it features Geoff John's late sister Courtney John's on the left and Stargirl actress Brec Bassinger right.

IMG_20211015_231836.jpg

Reactions: Coug
No, The character Courtney Whitmore that Geoff Johns created for DC Comics & debuted in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E #0 in 1999 and first appeared as Stargirl in JSA: All Stars #4 in 2004.

Her name "Courtney" along with her appearance & personality was modeled after his younger sister Courtney Elizabeth Johns who died in the TWA Flight 800 crash in 1996.

Thanks for clarifying!

"The almighty (if unpredictable) Thunderbolt may sound a bit different when he next materializes on DC’s Stargirl.

TVLine has learned that for Season 3 of the CW superhero team-up series, Robot Chicken co-creator and prolific voice actor Seth Green will help bring the pink, wish-granting genie to life."

VN Store

Back