Star Wars Film by Taika Waititi

CagleMtnVol

Untitled Star Wars Film

Release Date; Unknown (Rumored to be around Christmas 2023)

Directed by Taika Waititi

Co-Written by: Waititi and Krysty Wilson-Cairns, who co-wrote Oscar Best Picture nominee 1917 with Sam Mendes.

Waititi having directed the season finale of Disney+’s The Mandalorian. He also voiced the bounty-hunter droid IG-11 in the series, which marked the first live-action Star Wars series and has been a big hit, with two more seasons at least on the way.

Reactions: 615vols
I like this. However I hope he doesn’t over indulge on the humor the way he did in Thor Ragnarok. I love that movie and pit it near the top of MCU films, I’m not sure I want that tone in a SW movie.

I like this. However I hope he doesn’t over indulge on the humor the way he did in Thor Ragnarok. I love that movie and pit it near the top of MCU films, I’m not sure I want that tone in a SW movie.

Star Wars movies are already corny as hell. Might as well make the levity good.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
Star Wars movies are already corny as hell. Might as well make the levity good.

I dont disagree that SW is inherently corny and I liked the humor he injected into the Mando season finale.

I guess the difference is the OT had more vaudevillian humor. Whereas Waititi has a more goofy(?) sense of humor?

Im sure it will be entertaining Im just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the Ragnarok tone for a SW movie. He may not even go that direction. In the end I’m looking forward to whatever he does.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
I dont disagree that SW is inherently corny and I liked the humor he injected into the Mando season finale.

I guess the difference is the OT had more vaudevillian humor. Whereas Waititi has a more goofy(?) sense of humor?

Im sure it will be entertaining Im just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the Ragnarok tone for a SW movie. He may not even go that direction. In the end I’m looking forward to whatever he does.

I liked the weaponized droid in Rogue One. Give me more of that.

The humor in Ragnarok was brilliant imo. It made me enjoy the movie more than any of the other Thor movies.

The humor in Ragnarok was brilliant imo. It made me enjoy the movie more than any of the other Thor movies.

I did too... just not sure I want it in a SW movie. I could be way off base though.

I’m a huge fan of his. I think he’ll be great. If you haven’t, watch Jojo Rabbit. He brings humor and an interesting perspective into being a young brainwashed Hitler youth.

Also What We do in the Shadows is hilarious too. He’s very good at smart humor, if that makes sense.

Just because

103419005_1315760775290446_4459973169517069481_n.jpg

VN Store

Back