Star Trek

I've been rewatching Enterprise off and on via Hulu the last month or so.

I really like TNG as well but I'm not a fan of the first season. It seems cheaply done. The lighting, makeup etc..

I became a big fan of ST: Voyager years after it originally aired. I never could get into DS9. I also really liked Season 1 of Discovery. I got Season 2 at Christmas but haven't watched it yet.

If I had to rank my favorite series I would say...

1. Enterprise
2. Voyager
3. TNG
4. Discovery
5. TOS
6. DS9

There is an interesting documentary about how TNG barely survived the first couple seasons. The writing staff was really hindered by Roddenberry’s edict that society had evolved into a virtual utopia. Without conflict it was hard to make the show interesting week to week. He was almost forcibly removed from the show.

TNG is my favorite but the first two seasons are the worst it picks up in the third season and becomes a great show from that point on. I want to watch Picard but I have no interest in paying for another streaming service.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Discovery Season 1 was well worth the cost. Season 2 was enjoyable. Looking forward to Picard.

DS9 -Dominion wars were the best episodes. Odo was my favorite character. Behind Worf but he is TNG.

Just watched the first episode of Picard. All in all it looks pretty good. We’ll have to see how well Stewart can pull off action sequences at 79.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back