Star Trek

JTrainDavis

Best Series? Thoughts?

I'm really enjoying Enterprise, but Patrick Stewart really made The Next Generation good.

Have only dabbled in Voyager and DS9, but they don't seem comperable.

TNG, followed closely by ds9. ds9's first two seasons suck, but last 3 are the best of all.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Is JJ Abrams making another Star Trek movie? I loved the one he made a year ago.

TNG, followed closely by ds9. ds9's first two seasons suck, but last 3 are the best of all.

I agree. During the latter half of its run, DS9 was as good as the ST franchise had to offer.

You can't go wrong with TOS but I really thought DS9 was my favorite due to the war. TNG has some great ones too, the Borg come to mind. Voyager was alright but I absolutely hated Enterprise,

Voyager gets very good Jtrain. I grew up a TNG fan it will always be the tits but Voyager is much like Enterprise with better tech. DS9 is good until very end. It could of ended one season earlier.

TNG definately the best. I grew up watching the original series and I remember having to wait an entire summer to find out if the Enterprise could stop the Borg between seasons 3 and 4. However the final season was not up to par as the rest. DS9 after season 2 was pretty gripping with the Dominion. Voyager, Enterprise, and for some reason the original series never interested me. However the original cast made far superior movies (exception being first contact and Final Frontier) than the TNG cast.

Voyager had 7 of 9, who didn't look at Jeri Ryan and think, "assimilate me, please!"?

I grew up watching the original Star Trek. The show wasn't that good, but it was addictive and Lucille Ball was one smart chick for standing behind it.

I've always been partial to the original series, but the middle three seasons of TNG are definitely on par with the best of the original.

The other three series are hit-or-miss for me. I thought DS9 was terrible the season right before they brought the Klingons back. Voyager and Enterprise had their moments, but there were long stretches in both where I just couldn't get into the shows.

Voyager had 7 of 9, who didn't look at Jeri Ryan and think, "assimilate me, please!"?

<~~~~ guilty as charged

the more I watch the new movie, the more sold I am on J. J. Abrams' vision of the Star Trek universe.

I got in to Enterprise this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it, until the final episode. That was just crap.

You just wank to Tasha Yar.

Ever hear of Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans'? They tour your area often I think/

Yeah... Nothing like that bob/Hillary Clinton thing she has going on. Ungh.

Haven't heard of them, looked them up. Looks like they're playing middle Canada atm.

My mom introduced me to TOS when I was very little. I think there were about 3 movies out by then (or 3rd) was on the way. I was hooked pretty good. TNG came along when I was in 4th or 5th grade and I didn’t take to it as quick. I remember an older kid on the school bus convincing me it was really good so I started watching the syndicated episodes that came on daily and caught up. Probably started watching regularly in middle of season 3 I think. Eventually I would come to realize TNG was the vastly superior show but TOS still had a great cast of characters that carried the series.

All the other series were just ok to me. I never finished any of them. I would say Enterprise is my second favorite though.

Really want to watch Picard but have no intention to pay for CBS streaming.

My mom introduced me to TOS when I was very little. I think there were about 3 movies out by then (or 3rd) was on the way. I was hooked pretty good. TNG came along when I was in 4th or 5th grade and I didn’t take to it as quick. I remember an older kid on the school bus convincing me it was really good so I started watching the syndicated episodes that came on daily and caught up. Probably started watching regularly in middle of season 3 I think. Eventually I would come to realize TNG was the vastly superior show but TOS still had a great cast of characters that carried the series.

All the other series were just ok to me. I never finished any of them. I would say Enterprise is my second favorite though.

Really want to watch Picard but have no intention to pay for CBS streaming.

I've been rewatching Enterprise off and on via Hulu the last month or so.

I really like TNG as well but I'm not a fan of the first season. It seems cheaply done. The lighting, makeup etc..

I became a big fan of ST: Voyager years after it originally aired. I never could get into DS9. I also really liked Season 1 of Discovery. I got Season 2 at Christmas but haven't watched it yet.

If I had to rank my favorite series I would say...

1. Enterprise
2. Voyager
3. TNG
4. Discovery
5. TOS
6. DS9

VN Store

Back