Star Trek Discussion - Enterprise, TOS, TNG, Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

Someone in the comments said they should just make Pike Bi and that’s a much better solution that retconning Kirk.

Since subscribing to the new Paramount+ I have been binge watching Seasons 2 & 3 of ST: Discovery and I have really enjoyed it. Minus a few things like the pushing of modern politically correctness but can overlook it for sci-fi the show is.
The second is the occasional use of foul language. Star Trek should be for all ages.

Other than that really looking forward to Season 4. Now onto Picard!

Last edited:
Since subscribing to the new Paramount+ I have been binge watching Seasons 2 & 3 of ST:Discovery and I have really enjoyed it. Minus a few things like the pushing of modern politically correctness but can overlook it for sci-fi the show is.
The second is the occasional use of foul language. Star Trek should be for all ages.

Other than that really looking forward to Season 4. Now onto Picard!

In fairness, Star Trek was “politically correct” since it started. The goal posts of what that means has changed with the times.

I haven’t watched Discovery but there is an F bomb dropped in Picard.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
In fairness, Star Trek was “politically correct” since it started. The goal posts of what that means has changed with the times.

I haven’t watched Discovery but there is an F bomb dropped in Picard.

Discovery is really well done and I really like where they went with it. Freeing it of some of the constraints in Continuity.

I also really liked Anson Mount as Christopher Pike and Ethan Peck as Spock in season 2.
I was happy to see they will be in a spinoff series called Star Trek: Strange New World it will also star Rebecca Romijn.

Finished up Picard. My thoughts overall it was just meh.

It was great seeing the characters again my favorites were always Riker & Troi. That was a great episode. It was also fun seeing Seven I've said before that Voyager just does top TNG as my favorite Trek series. Great call back to the episodes with "Hugh" using the original actor.

Not sure where they plan on going with that ending for season 2. I also was a bit disappointed that the Starfleet Commodore wasn't killed or arrested. I thought they missed having a great line at the end from Riker before she jumped to warp saying something like "I assume this is your Starfleet resignation?"

Overall Discovery is still the better series. It's a shame these streaming services didn't come along 15 years earlier we maybe could of got a series with Riker in command with his on ship.

I've read that Paramount wants to expand on the Trek Universe with more shows & mini series like Disney is doing with Marvel & Star Wars.

I would love to see shows based in the time period between Star Trek: Enterprise and the new Star Trek series: Strange New Worlds.
Not sure if the exact stardate it's supposed to be but vfc would be cool to see Scott Bakula guest as Admiral Jonathan Archer.

Maybe a 10-15 episode miniseries on the formation of the Federation.

I'd also like to see a Starfleet Academy series and maybe one based in the time period after the last TNG film.

Finished up Picard. My thoughts overall it was just meh.

It was great seeing the characters again my favorites were always Riker & Troi. That was a great episode. It was also fun seeing Seven I've said before that Voyager just does top TNG as my favorite Trek series. Great call back to the episodes with "Hugh" using the original actor.

Not sure where they plan on going with that ending for season 2. I also was a bit disappointed that the Starfleet Commodore wasn't killed or arrested. I thought they missed having a great line at the end from Riker before she jumped to warp saying something like "I assume this is your Starfleet resignation?"

Overall Discovery is still the better series. It's a shame these streaming services didn't come along 15 years earlier we maybe could of got a series with Riker in command with his on ship.

The only thing I didn’t like about Picard was the weird Android body swap to save Picard.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Been meaning to post this but after finishing up Picard. I started rewatching TNG and I've always said that the first season was bad but surprisingly it had several really good episodes.

I'm now on episode 3 of Season 3.

Been meaning to post this but after finishing up Picard. I started rewatching TNG and I've always said that the first season was bad but surprisingly it had several really good episodes.

I'm now on episode 3 of Season 3.

Aside from the tech being a little bulky and some big hair on the ladies, I think the storylines still hold up quite well.

Regarding the weakness of the first couple of seasons, there is a good documentary on the creation of the show. Apparently Roddenberry was adamant about his enlightened vision of future society. He wanted to show humanity had moved beyond petty squabbling and conflict. The writers really struggled with this. Eventually Roddenberry was kinda shoved off the show between 2nd and 3rd seasons and that is when they started getting into more war like confrontations with the Romulans and such.

Aside from the tech being a little bulky and some big hair on the ladies, I think the storylines still hold up quite well.

Regarding the weakness of the first couple of seasons, there is a good documentary on the creation of the show. Apparently Roddenberry was adamant about his enlightened vision of future society. He wanted to show humanity had moved beyond petty squabbling and conflict. The writers really struggled with this. Eventually Roddenberry was kinda shoved off the show between 2nd and 3rd seasons and that is when they started getting into more war like confrontations with the Romulans and such.
TNG is great but the first two seasons are a little slow it’s like they were trying to find their footing for the show. Season 3 is really IMO where the show takes off and becomes its own thing some of the best episodes are in season 3 and later.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I'm really enjoying this series. This new season looks good!

Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 Teaser!

Kate Mulgrew returning as Captain Katherine Janeway in New Animated series Star Trek: Prodigy

Kate Mulgrew returning as Captain Katherine Janeway in New Animated series Star Trek: Prodigy

Hmm... who is this aimed at? I didn’t stick with Voyager regularly. I would pop in for a few episodes per season but the cast never hooked me enough to come back weekly.

Hmm... who is this aimed at? I didn’t stick with Voyager regularly. I would pop in for a few episodes per season but the cast never hooked me enough to come back weekly.

Not sure if it's aimed at kids or adults but Voyager is my favorite Trek series. I loved that it severed ties with the Federation and it's close association with the previous Trek series by taking place in the Delta Quadrant.

VN Store

Back