Star Trek Discussion - Enterprise, TOS, TNG, Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

Finally saw the "Pilot" last night and really enjoyed it. It felt like a Star Trek show and if it was on weekly I would have already selected my DVR to record the series.

However I won't be signing up for the CBS All-Access. I all ready pay heavily for DirecTV so I will wait on the Blu-ray release that way when I buy it I will have it and not just be renting it.

I watch/DVR way to many shows now as it is and I can live without seeing this for a while.

It's supposedly taking place about a decade earlier than Kirk, but the technology is more advanced than what they had in TNG and DS9.

I love Star Trek but real life technology has almost surpassed TNG. Short of transporters and replicators anyway.

FWIW The Enterprise show had tech that looked beyond TOS.

It’s the nature of reality catching up to the Sci-Fi of the past.

Reactions: 1 person
I love Star Trek but real life technology has almost surpassed TNG. Short of transporters and replicators anyway.

Yeah that always bothers me when I read online people say that the sets etc.. look to advanced etc.. for the timeline. I really like the original I mean I own it on Blu-ray but I don't think I could watch a new Trek series that looked like the set was made out of cardboard & bakelite.

The "Enterprise" series was supposed to take place in the year 2151 and "TOS" in 2265.

However in real life we have surpassed a lot of the technologies that Gene Roddenberry thought up in the late 50's early 60's and the capabilities of what the set designers had to work with then.

I'm not talking about how it looked. The captain was talking with a holographic projection of her admiral. Yet 100 years later Picard had to wait hours for a recorded subspace message to reach Starfleet. The show has always prided itself on staying true to the established timeline, yet this version seems willing to throw that out the window.

I'm not talking about how it looked. The captain was talking with a holographic projection of her admiral. Yet 100 years later Picard had to wait hours for a recorded subspace message to reach Starfleet. The show has always prided itself on staying true to the established timeline, yet this version seems willing to throw that out the window.

This show isn't a part of the original series timeline. That all changed with Abrams films and that is what this series is a part of.

This is a pleasant surprise. I was hoping for a 4K UHD release but this is better than nothing.

Paramount Home Media Distribution will release on Blu-ray Star Trek: Discovery - Season One on November 13.

It is already up for preorder on Amazon for the price of $50.99. Star Trek: Discovery - Season One

211897_front.jpg

The studio has not yet officially announced the upcoming release, but the confirmation came via the official Star Trek: Discovery Twitter page.

The upcoming release will have two hours of special features, including deleted and extended scenes.

Synopsis: Before Kirk, Spock and the Enterprise there was Discovery. Now, one of the most iconic and influential global franchises returns to television with Star Trek: Discovery. Cast: Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Sonequa Martin-Green, Clare McConnell, Kenneth Mitchell, Maulik Pancholy, Anthony Rapp, Damon Runyan, Terry Serpico, Rekha Sharma, Mary Wiseman, Michelle Yeoh, and Simon Northwood.

Reactions: vols72
Now this is big news!

Captain Jean-Luc Picard is returning!

Patrick Stewart has confirmed he is returning to the role that made him a star for the first time in 20 years.
Stewart will once again play the iconic Starship Captain Jean-Luc Picard in a new series to air on the CBS All-Access streaming service.

A lot is still unknown about the new series but it will focus on Picard. Maybe we will find out what has happened to crew of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E in the last 20 years?

Last edited:
I might be interested if they have Klingons that look like Klingons, or Romulans that look like Romulans.

Supposedly the Klingons in season 2 of Discovery will look different than in the 1st season. Maybe they are thinking a natural progression as the Klingons in TOS look nothing like the Klingons in TNG.

I would hope that the new Patrick Stewart series would look more like the TNG version.

Well...Anyone see the first episode of season 2 "Brother"? Good stuff if your a trek fan.

Anyone watching. I've had the Season 1 Blu-ray since Christmas and finally watched it this past week. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would based on the "Pilot".

Loved the mentions of Captain Archer and the NX-01. Really like the portrayal of the actor playing Sarek.

I've never been a fan of the "Mirror Universe" but I really liked this take on it with the Captain reveal.

My only complaint was the look of the Klingons.

I still don't plan on subscribing to CBS all access but I will be getting the Season 2 Blu-ray when its eventually released.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to the show, and it was good at the start. However, it got less entertaining as the show progressed for me.

Holy Crap Moment at 1:40 (SPOILERS):eek:

Star Trek: Picard | SDCC Trailer - Sir Patrick Stewart Returns

Last edited:
This looks pretty good. Disney+ will have my money in the fall but I may suspend Netflix for a few months to binge the Star Trek series from All Access.

My big question from the trailer is, will Brent Spiner be playing Data, B4, or Lore?

I binged Picard over the last couple of days and I quite enjoyed it. It surprisingly pulls from lots of random TNG episodes and has some great cameos. Its cool how it picks up after the Romulan super nova that triggered the whole Abrams timeline. In fact its the catalyst for the whole series. I liked his new “crew” and thought it was very meta when Picard mentions they have more baggage than the TNG crew ever had.

I saw a lot of whining about the show on Youtube. That it is “another nail in the coffin” for Trek but I honestly can’t see how a fan of TNG could hate on this show.

I look forward to Season 2.

Reactions: chatsworth_vol
I binged Picard over the last couple of days and I quite enjoyed it. It surprisingly pulls from lots of random TNG episodes and has some great cameos. Its cool how it picks up after the Romulan super nova that triggered the whole Abrams timeline. In fact its the catalyst for the whole series. I liked his new “crew” and thought it was very meta when Picard mentions they have more baggage than the TNG crew ever had.

I saw a lot of whining about the show on Youtube. That it is “another nail in the coffin” for Trek but I honestly can’t see how a fan of TNG could hate on this show.

I look forward to Season 2.
Haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it.

I need to watch my Discovery season 2 Blu-ray I got back on Black Friday.

VN Store

Back