Star of Bethlehem 12/21/2020

I think it will be around for a few more days. Tonight was the best. Visible about 5:30 until it sets around 7:30.

Great view in Nashville. Use binoculars for better view, but easy to see both planets with naked eye.

Christianity and Osteen? Kinda like night and day or hot and cold

He just knows how to preach and also how to sell books and give speeches for hire. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. Preachers are allowed to participate in capitalism. No laws about being kind of a hypocrite and spending your money on ridiculously expensive houses either.

He just knows how to preach and also how to sell books and give speeches for hire. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. Preachers are allowed to participate in capitalism. No laws about being kind of a hypocrite and spending your money on ridiculously expensive houses either.

Still don't understand how he got 4 million from Covid relief.

Anyway, he's a man that's all about himself and how much money he can milk out of people. Showed his true colors after Hurricane Harvey

He's a reason many people have a negative look at religion

Anyway, he's a man that's all about himself and how much money he can milk out of people. Showed his true colors after Hurricane Harvey

And he doesn't have to pay taxes, correct?

And he doesn't have to pay taxes, correct?

I believe anything church related isn't taxable, but what he makes on the side, his books, and tv deal is taxable.

I'm not a tax expert, so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

He didn’t. Lakewood Church would have received funds as an employer. PPP money is for keeping people in jobs and has little to do with the organizations bottom line.

Lakewood and Olsteen have a mutually beneficial relationship. They make a lot of money off of him and he sells a lot of books and gets booked to give speeches because of the exposure that he gets at Lakewood. Lakewood’s revenues are around $30 million. The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is about 10x bigger but the liberals don’t attack them. In fact Pelosi held up COVID Relief money while trying to slide in a grant for Kennedy.

I believe anything church related isn't taxable, but what he makes on the side, his books, and tv deal is taxable.

I'm not a tax expert, so anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

The church itself is pretty much exempt from paying state and federal income and sales taxes. I’m not sure but they might not have to pay real estate taxes to the municipalities either. They would pay employment taxes iirc.

Preachers are allowed to own money making enterprises as well as any other citizen. He’d be taxed in his for profit business ventures if that income couldn’t be shielded. I’m sure he does everything legally. There are many government employees that would love to make a name for themselves by busting him and tossing him in jail.

VN Store

Back