Stanford Game Thread

Probably will.....I don't think Stanford is that great, we are just stinking it up. And for the love of God, why can Kelly Cain not run the floor?? She is at half court when everybody else is at the other end...

In Cain's defense, she is coming off a torn ACL. There was no way she could run the floor with an athlete like Appel. However, that doesn't excuse her teammates from being lazy in transition.

In Cain's defense, she is coming off a torn ACL. There was no way she could run the floor with an athlete like Appel. However, that doesn't excuse her teammates from being lazy in transition.

Agreed. I hate to say it but I am really disappointed in a lot of our girls today. A few more than others.

Migrating over to the men's b-ball forum now...hopefully UT basketball can salvage a 1-for-2 day at least.

Now remember, Tennessee lost to Stanford in Maples 2 years ago, were we then crushed them in the tournament.

Now I know we don't have Candace Parker, but I saw at the end of the game, they fought and they were mad at themselves. Stanford better hope they are nowhere near Tennessee in the bracket come March.

Now remember, Tennessee lost to Stanford in Maples 2 years ago, were we then crushed them in the tournament.

Now I know we don't have Candace Parker, but I saw at the end of the game, they fought and they were mad at themselves. Stanford better hope they are nowhere near Tennessee in the bracket come March.

That game 2 years ago was in overtime. This game was nowhere near as competitive. The only way UT can beat Stanford in March is if Vicki Baugh is back and healthy.

That game 2 years ago was in overtime. This game was nowhere near as competitive. The only way UT can beat Stanford in March is if Vicki Baugh is back and healthy.

Having Vicki back even today wouldn't have helped much. We need to get a whole lot better as a team to compete with teams like Stanford in March. We will be a better team by then but so will they.

We played awful, but like I said in the other thread there were some really awful calls against us in this game. We still committed a lot of dumb inexplicable fouls but there were quite a few that were extremely suspect. All the same, we should have played better.

We still have zero legitimate outside threat. AB is incredibly inconsistent at the 2 guard. Shots are rushed and off balance. Even when She gets a really open look off a screen she can't hit it.

VN Store

Back