Standings in the SEC

Game 2 vs Florida and game 3 vs LSU were killers. But, we are 13th right now and only two games behind a slew of teams for that 12th spot in the tourney. MSU sweeping Arkansas this weekend didn’t help. If the boys scratch and claw and get to Hoover somehow, this would be something very positive to build on for this young team and CTV.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we all know where we stand right now...not to good...there is some more ball to be played...like a rubber match today with the Aggies...every SEC game is a BIG game and there is some of the best ball being played in the SEC...tough row to hoe...

GBO!

Since there's not a game thread, this is case in point about why someone needs to be throwing in the 5th inning of every game. Give up a 2-run tying bomb, and now have 2 in scoring position and no one close to being ready.

Since there's not a game thread, this is case in point about why someone needs to be throwing in the 5th inning of every game. Give up a 2-run tying bomb, and now have 2 in scoring position and no one close to being ready.

Absolutely

I love the move bringing in Crochet mid-ab

All the right buttons were pushed today. Pinch running Chinea was huge as well. Stapp might not have scored on that. They have tied the league win total of last season. Enormous progress is being made. Get Game 2 of Florida back and Game 3 of LSU back and this team is 9-9 in SEC play.

Vols are right in the thick of it to get to Hoover. I think Bama is clearly out at 5-13. UT has a 2 game lead on them and holds the tiebreaker. Then there are 7 other teams at either 8-10 or 9-9. Hopefully the Vols at 7-11 can pass at least one of them. Should be an interesting finish to the SEC season.

If things stay as they are, I wonder what the selection committee is going to do about determining which schools host or are national seeds and who aren't. Outside of the obvious, it's a jumbled up mess at the top

If things stay as they are, I wonder what the selection committee is going to do about determining which schools host or are national seeds and who aren't. Outside of the obvious, it's a jumbled up mess at the top

Very similar to the basketball season in the SEC. It will be an interesting month to sort this jumbled mess out.

Had to go to SEC site to get all three scores for this weekend. VOLS win series again TA&M with scores of 7-4 Friday, 3-8 Saturday, 6-4 Sunday! CTV has this team playing hard, & Hoover is still a possibility. :rock:

Something to think about: This team is 7-11...Youngest team in Power 5 conferences..

We have let 3 games slip away IMO and should be 10-8...

1.) last game against S/C (didn't hurt as bad as other 2)
2.) second game against Florida - Hands down should have won
3.) LSU - third game - should have hung on to that one

IMO - the future looks really bright - kids are playing hard and TV is learning his team. I think TV has done an awesome job thus far. Perfect no but We are in a really good spot.(4) series left - I am hopeful for a 6-6 record in the next 12...I really think we can do it..GO VOLS!!!

We're a series win against Georgia away from
doing some possible damage.

7 game home stand after this weekend. If we can find a way to take that series, and yes it's a major long shot, we're looking at 9-12 with two winnable series at home coming.

If you finish against LSU and Florida we are .500 in conference play. That's nuts.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back