Staff news or your ideas

gymmlover

I would assume Lockwood, Beaumont, McGhee, and Heather Erin will be let go. Harper's husband will take Lockwood 's place while Sharrona Reaves and Bridget Gordan may be safe. Reaves is a great recruiter while Bridget is ex Lady Vol. Jessica Jackson was Assistant coach and recruiter for Kellie at MSU and will probably want to come unless she gets Kellie's job at MSU. If not, she could take Heather Erin 's recruiting job. Ashley Houts (Georgia player) was her director of Operations and will come also for same title.

Last edited:
Reactions: sport3500
I would assume Lockwood, Beaumont, McGhee, and Heather Erin will be let go. Harper's husband will take Lockwood 's place while Sharrona Reaves and Bridget Gordan may be safe. Reaves is a great recruiter while Bridget is ex Lady Vol. Jessica Jackson was Assistant coach and recruiter for Kellie at MSU and will probably want to come unless she gets Kellie's job at MSU. If not, she could take Heather Erin 's recruiting job. Ashley Houts (Georgia player) was her director of Operations and will come also for same title.

Coaches typically bring their staffs from their last job, don’t they?

Above all, she needs to keep Reaves.

There was a lot of conversation that Jackie Stiles may get the Missouri State job. She was one of Kellie's Assistants. The other is a former player who is very young don't think she has been coaching long.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
There was a lot of conversation that Jackie Stiles may get the Missouri State job. She was one of Kellie's Assistants. The other is a former player who is very young don't think she has been coaching long.

One of Kellie’s staff is Ashley Houts. I remember her well because she grew up not too far from where I live and, as a point guard, was tough as nails at UGA. Every time Tennessee played them during her era I always ended up thinking how I wish she’d been a Lady Vol.

As for Stiles, I’ve heard that she’s a terrific coach, but that health problems may be an issue for now. She may feel that taking a head coaching job may be more than she can handle at this time. We’ll see!

Last edited:
One of Kellie’s staff is Ashley Houts. I remember her well because she grew up not too far from where I live and, as a point guard, was tough as nails at UGA. Every time Tennessee played them during her era I always ended up thinking how I wish she’d been a Lady Vol.
Yes she was or is the Director of Basketball Operations up there. The other Assistant is Jessica Jackson think she played for Kellie someplace she coached.

FYI per DeerPark 12 earlier in another thread: "Regarding the staff, as of today, the only person I anticipate back is the director of operations. I believe Heather Irvin will also be reassigned in the athletic department. She worked for Fulmer in recruiting when he was head coach".

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
You’re correct. Jackie has ocular melanoma, a rare form of eye cancer, in which she still is getting treatment. I think she’ll eventually be a HC but her health is more important so the timing might not be right.

Stiles would be my guess as well. She’s a legend there, a great person, coaches kid and ran camps for years. She lives the game and would be a smart hire for them.

Whether she’s healthy enough for a commitment like that or not is another question.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
FYI per DeerPark 12 earlier in another thread: "Regarding the staff, as of today, the only person I anticipate back is the director of operations. I believe Heather Irvin will also be reassigned in the athletic department. She worked for Fulmer in recruiting when he was head coach".

I saw that and I’ve had the thought for a while that Heather Ervin might be reassigned. She worked with Fulmer for a long time and they are tight. After she left football she was still working at UT. I think Dean may retire and has wanted to for a while. I wish them all well. All are great people.

Coaches typically bring their staffs from their last job, don’t they?

I think so, unless there a folks they just didn't have the heart to let go. Or, just maybe they know someone who will come that will be an upgrade that their last position couldn't afford or was not as attractive as the new spot.

We need a really strong Associate head Coach someone with the ability of an Ivey or Campbell.

Well it's probably gonna be hubby so good luck with that.
Hubby has been backing her up for 15 years or so without any problem. I really hope she can get the money right for another associate head coach rather than him but she will decide that. If Reeves is let go as DP12 thinks then we got to have a hell of a recruiter on this staff!

Reactions: volman128
Hubby has been backing her up for 15 years or so without any problem. I really hope she can get the money right for another associate head coach rather than him but she will decide that. If Reeves is let go as DP12 thinks then we got to have a hell of a recruiter on this staff!

I don't really mind her husband on staff as much as I care that it's 1) a blatant violation of TN anti-nepotism law, no matter how much UT spins it and tries to prove a loophole for it and 2) we don't have any clue as to how good of a coach he is at this level given the Harpers' lack of results overall, especially at the P5 level.

Regardless if he's on the staff, like you said, we need an elite recruiter on staff. That's why I would've liked to have kept Reeves, but whether she was let go or declined to return, she is gone. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she winds up at Louisville, since Walz has an opening on his staff.

Matt Insell former Ole Miss women's head basketball coach and assistant coach currently at MTSU would be a good addition to Coach Harper's coaching staff at Tennessee.

Matt Insell - Assistant Women's Basketball Coach - Staff Directory - Middle Tennessee State University Athletics

No way, his teams at Ole Miss were so out of shape. To me that shows a lack of discipline from the coach, we need strong leaders in the program. His girls looked like he was feeding them donuts to get them to play defense.

I would advise her to retain the current strength and conditioning coach but she will be allowed to hire as she wants. Think I would retain Lockwood, myself.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Gonna need a recruiter also didn't recruit very well at NC State only two top 100 players in four years. A number 47 and a number 73 hard to compete in the ACC with that kind of recruiting.

2010 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

2011 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

2012 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

2013 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN
I definitely agree that she needs a very good recruiter. I wonder if she is going to wait to see if Jennifer Sullivan from Ohio State will get the Mo. State job and if not, hire her? Sullivan was a good recruiter at Mo. St. and left this past year to work at tOSU.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back