Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Yes. Kirby is all in. He is friends with players on every team. We have 2 friends who play UT softball this year so I will probably be a dual sport fan.

Reactions: taylorvol
I will apologize in advance for this week's Stache Talk. Conflicts in schedules changed our projected starter so we had to go to the bullpen. It will be very entertaining and a little informational. Anytime you put two brothers on a podcast together you get chaos and add in one of their good friends and their dad and it gets wild. This week we are joined by Kevin, my middle son, and his friend Will Brand, assistant baseball coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College, who has coached several Vols in the East Coast Sox program. Again, my apologies. :)

Yes. Kirby is all in. He is friends with players on every team. We have 2 friends who play UT softball this year so I will probably be a dual sport fan.
I always thought UT should promote a doubleheader with baseball/softball. Perhaps a softball start time at 2pm followed by BaseVols at 6pm or vice versa. It would be a cool cross promotion.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I will apologize in advance for this week's Stache Talk. Conflicts in schedules changed our projected starter so we had to go to the bullpen. It will be very entertaining and a little informational. Anytime you put two brothers on a podcast together you get chaos and add in one of their good friends and their dad and it gets wild. This week we are joined by Kevin, my middle son, and his friend Will Brand, assistant baseball coach at Northeast Mississippi Community College, who has coached several Vols in the East Coast Sox program. Again, my apologies. :)
Iโ€™m looking forward to hearing it, but instead of you apologizing, how about you burn that Georgia football cap as penance ๐Ÿ˜‰

Some of my favorite moments include:
1) watching the class, grace, and utmost professionalism of Evan Russell signing autographs and spending time with young fans after the devastating loss to ND.
2) thunderous standing ovation and support given for Evan Russell when he returned during Supers
3) standing ovation for Charlie Taylor during ND game when he was inserted into the starting lineup.
4) watching players interact with kids and numerous fans consistently after home games
5) watching the thrill in my daughterโ€™s eyes when she got to meet Kirby and get her 35 jersey signed by the stache, Vollie Fingers.

Some of my favorite moments:
1) Watching Trey finally have a breakout season after paying his dues and waiting in line. His cycle early in the year announced his arrival on the scene.
2) The Vandy series: Batgate, the Vitello interview, Vandy Keystone cops defense, the birth of Mike Honcho, and the sweet sweep with Beam putting the stake in their heart.
3) The Auburn series: Blitzing them in game 1, rare bad night for Redmond in game 2 along with the Auburn bat flipgate, Sonny D being a heck of a hitter, and Ben Joyce hitting 105 on the gun in game 3.
4) Sweeping the games in the state of Mississippi
5) One non-Vol: Watching Campbell in the regional with their two great starting pitchers and Zac Neto at SS. That was a good team.

Some of my favorite moments:
1) Watching Trey finally have a breakout season after paying his dues and waiting in line. His cycle early in the year announced his arrival on the scene.
2) The Vandy series: Batgate, the Vitello interview, Vandy Keystone cops defense, the birth of Mike Honcho, and the sweet sweep with Beam putting the stake in their heart.
3) The Auburn series: Blitzing them in game 1, rare bad night for Redmond in game 2 along with the Auburn bat flipgate, Sonny D being a heck of a hitter, and Ben Joyce hitting 105 on the gun in game 3.
4) Sweeping the games in the state of Mississippi
5) One non-Vol: Watching Campbell in the regional with their two great starting pitchers and Zac Neto at SS. That was a good team.

LOL. It was an entertaining year.

Interesting enough, Aaron Fitt did an article titled Players who made 2022 Fun Cover to Cover. While we were the talk of baseball most of the season, not one Vol made the list. Even if you left out all the other characters, you would at least think a guy hurling a 105 mph fastball would make the list.

Reactions: greasemachine
Where is it?

john-travolta-well.gif

Reactions: greasemachine
End of year recap is a must listen. It was fun reliving the magical year. So excited about 2023.

Reactions: taylorvol

VN Store

Back