Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Sorry mad4vols. Too tough for Kirby and players to do multiples right now. Maybe in a couple of weeks we will get a couple of extras recorded now that they are finishing up fall ball. Working on getting all the coaches done over the next few weeks but they will come out in December and January. I'm excited about those.

A few delayed stache talk comments:

- Kirby says he parks in the back of the lot so he he doesn’t give up a home run and then have it hit his truck 🤣🤣🤣

- I think I had the same injury/condition as Mabrey described when I was in grad school. When I walked a lot, my knee used to swell badly, took several doctor trips to diagnose that my kneecap had shifted over and tendon was rubbing up against it. I never had surgery but was sent to physical therapy to strengthen specific muscles and shift the kneecap back. It was a life saver and have not had any issues since.

Reactions: MAD
Wonderful podcast, enjoyed listening to “old man” Griffin Merritt, such a nice guy.

Don’t want to give anything away but…

I learned a new word today, stooperstitious.

And somebody was really close to getting kicked off of Volnation. 👀

This week's podcast should be a homerun. Very good except the player needs to find a new NFL team to pull for.

Reactions: MAD
She was

Ms Gilbert was on Tony Basilio’s show last season during the batflip4kids charity. She seems like a great lady from an awesome family.
Yea, I’ve seen several things that suggest that the entire family is very different from what Drew Gilbert is between the lines. Think it would be a very interesting discussion.

Yea, I’ve seen several things that suggest that the entire family is very different from what Drew Gilbert is between the lines. Think it would be a very interesting discussion.
Drew Gilbert is the most humble and nicest gentleman off the field. He definitely flips a switch when he walks onto a baseball field. I think he was the overwhelming favorite of “most competitive” or player “they‘d pay to see“ by the current/former players on the podcast. (Please Keep me accurate on that Preacherman). 😀👍🍊👊😃 With that said, it won’t be the same not seeing him on the field in Feb. It’s going to be hard to replicate the “likability“ and personalities of the 21 and 22 BaseVols. They just don’t make too many like Drew, Redmond, Evan, Trey, Luc, Cortland, Jordan, Jorel, etc. I’m thankful that Kirby, Christian Scott, and Sewell are back for some veteran leadership (not to mention fan favorites).

Drew Gilbert is the most humble and nicest gentleman off the field. He definitely flips a switch when he walks onto a baseball field. I think he was the overwhelming favorite of “most competitive” or player “they‘d pay to see“ by the current/former players on the podcast. (Please Keep me accurate on that Preacherman). 😀👍🍊👊😃 With that said, it won’t be the same not seeing him on the field in Feb. It’s going to be hard to replicate the “likability“ and personalities of the 21 and 22 BaseVols. They just don’t make too many like Drew, Redmond, Evan, Trey, Luc, Cortland, Jordan, Jorel, etc. I’m thankful that Kirby, Christian Scott, and Sewell are back for some veteran leadership (not to mention fan favorites).
I believe everything you just stated about Drew. That’s why his mom would be such a good interview.

Just finished this episode and we need to talk about the pick em round.

“It will not surprise me if Vanderbilt wins”
- @preacherman20

Shake my head
56-0
Come on, man

Karma rewarded him with another big matchup against a team from South Carolina in the bowl game to deal with!

Edit: I’m hoping this is just a contrived ploy to stir up controversy for the sake of ratings.

Last edited:
Just finished this episode and we need to talk about the pick em round.

“It will not surprise me if Vanderbilt wins”
- @preacherman20

Shake my head
56-0
Come on, man

Karma rewarded him with another big matchup against a team from South Carolina in the bowl game to deal with!

Edit: I’m hoping this is just a contrived ploy to stir up controversy for the sake of ratings.
Wait, was @preacherman20 pulling for SC? Rumor has it, his favorite football teams (I.e. FSU, GA, SC) are kind of like his favorite baseball movies. In other words, he has lots of them! Just ask Kirby! Lol. 👍😀🍊🍊😃. GBO! BTW, the podcast has been great! Keep them coming! 👍🍊

Wait, was @preacherman20 pulling for SC? Rumor has it, his favorite football teams (I.e. FSU, GA, SC) are kind of like his favorite baseball movies. In other words, he has lots of them! Just ask Kirby! Lol. 👍😀🍊🍊😃. GBO! BTW, the podcast has been great! Keep them coming! 👍🍊

Haha! Don't think he was pulling for SC, but he did say that people in his neck of the woods were giving him a hard time after the L. Now he has to face another round with a bowl game verses Clemson on the horizon. And, I agree that the podcasts have been great!

I have an idea, what if Kirby walks on as a kicker for the team? Bingo, dad becomes a Rocky Top football fan. Somebody talk to Coach Heupel.

I have made it very clear. I have always been a UGA fan and an FSU fan, grew up in Ga about 45 minutes from Tallahassee and met Bobby Bowdon multiple times. Kirby Smart is one of my top 5 players ever for UGA, didn't like him much when he was at Bama with Saban. My favorite of all time is David Pollack. Like Kirby Smart just played the game hard. I will say that Stetson Bennett has become one of my favorites because he really does not deserve to be there but has worked really hard to compete on that level.
I have never hated UT just have always thought their football fans were more fickle than most fans I've been around in my ventures. I will say this year has been encouraging because even when they lost to UGA and USC, which I'm not a fan of, they did not turn on Heupel like they are known to do. I think he will do a good job of turning the program around like Vitello has done. I was always a fan of Pat Summitt.
But let me go on the record. I'm pulling for UT over Clemson. There. Everybody happy now.
BTW, my favorite college basketball teams are #1 Duke, #2 UNC. Drives my daughter in law from NC up the wall. She says you can't pull for both.

I have made it very clear. I have always been a UGA fan and an FSU fan, grew up in Ga about 45 minutes from Tallahassee and met Bobby Bowdon multiple times. Kirby Smart is one of my top 5 players ever for UGA, didn't like him much when he was at Bama with Saban. My favorite of all time is David Pollack. Like Kirby Smart just played the game hard. I will say that Stetson Bennett has become one of my favorites because he really does not deserve to be there but has worked really hard to compete on that level.
I have never hated UT just have always thought their football fans were more fickle than most fans I've been around in my ventures. I will say this year has been encouraging because even when they lost to UGA and USC, which I'm not a fan of, they did not turn on Heupel like they are known to do. I think he will do a good job of turning the program around like Vitello has done. I was always a fan of Pat Summitt.
But let me go on the record. I'm pulling for UT over Clemson. There. Everybody happy now.
BTW, my favorite college basketball teams are #1 Duke, #2 UNC. Drives my daughter in law from NC up the wall. She says you can't pull for both.

*Dook

(my sister went to Duke and I can confirm that this is the appropriate spelling)

Reactions: preacherman20

VN Store

Back