Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

It's a small world @preacherman20. I dropped by our graduate students' halloween party (in my daddy coat, of course), which prompted talk about the baseVols, and I met a guy from Blacksburg, SC who starts talking about how one of the baseVols is from his hometown and that his dad is a well-known preacher (although he said he hasn't directly met you). Small world indeed.

It's a small world @preacherman20. I dropped by our graduate students' halloween party (in my daddy coat, of course), which prompted talk about the baseVols, and I met a guy from Blacksburg, SC who starts talking about how one of the baseVols is from his hometown and that his dad is a well-known preacher (although he said he hasn't directly met you). Small world indeed.
Did you tell the guy about the Noble Peace prize?

Reactions: Volprofch05
There are so many different Nobel’s I get confused.

My fav.

View attachment 507199

I haven’t even told you my best NP (official acronym) story yet. I was on a trip and met with a NP winner. On the way out he hands me two baseball-sized spheres made out of copper. He tells me he gives them to people who have the ‘balls’ to do copper chemistry.

Later when I’m at the airport to fly home, security tries to take them away from me as a potential weapon. I told them they were given to me by a NP winner and I’m not giving them up, and they’re like ok. They’ve been on my desk since.

Reactions: taylorvol and MAD
Hey @taylorvol I’m headed over today for the scrimmage. Come say hey. I’m wearing a peachy/ orange color dress shirt, have too much weight and not enough hair.
Great seeing you today. It was a walk-off defensive web gem. Kyle Booker leaping catch to rob a HR and double the runner at first. Quite the celebration by the “Visitors” dressed in black.

I haven’t even told you my best NP (official acronym) story yet. I was on a trip and met with a NP winner. On the way out he hands me two baseball-sized spheres made out of copper. He tells me he gives them to people who have the ‘balls’ to do copper chemistry.

Later when I’m at the airport to fly home, security tries to take them away from me as a potential weapon. I told them they were given to me by a NP winner and I’m not giving them up, and they’re like ok. They’ve been on my desk since.
You got clout by knowing these people.

They loved it. He has been a part of some pretty cool events the last few weeks with throwing out the first puck at IceBears, flipping the coin at Bearden/Farragut game and being with the guys from East Tennessee Children's Hospital, and then being recognized for SEC Championship.

What always surprises me with these interviews is how all these guys are so down to earth and don’t have a big ego.

Reactions: greasemachine
He has had different roommates every year. Freshman roommates are not here anymore. His sophomore year all of the guys he was supposed to be roommates with moved on. So he was with Will and Jorel. Last year was twins and head trainer. Then new roommates this year.
They are all incredible guys just to have a conversation with. None say I want to be known as the best to ever play at UT.

He has had different roommates every year. Freshman roommates are not here anymore. His sophomore year all of the guys he was supposed to be roommates with moved on. So he was with Will and Jorel. Last year was twins and head trainer. Then new roommates this year.
They are all incredible guys just to have a conversation with. None say I want to be known as the best to ever play at UT.

My wife happened to bump into one of Kirby's roommates (a student assistant on the team) who dropped by her store and they started talking TN baseball. Believe he was named Adam or something similar.

Last edited:
This week's episode is with one of the BaseVols newbies, Zane Denton. It was a great interview and Zane did a great job of explaining his decision to leave Alabama and come to UT along with some things that have happened in his life over the past several months. I think it is a great listen on Friday for those wanting to get to know this new Vol baseball player. This is why we do this every week.

This week's episode is with one of the BaseVols newbies, Zane Denton. It was a great interview and Zane did a great job of explaining his decision to leave Alabama and come to UT along with some things that have happened in his life over the past several months. I think it is a great listen on Friday for those wanting to get to know this new Vol baseball player. This is why we do this every week.
This messed me up, thought we were getting an episode today 😕

VN Store

Back