Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

These guys are all so inspiring and humble, would have never believed it until I started listening to these podcasts, now I kind of expect it. I wonder how much of the recruiting process comes into play finding the best talent versus making sure all these guys are good people? Because it just takes one bad seed to mess up that chemistry for the whole team. Today’s episode was another great one, enjoyed it. Love it every time you do a shoutout about the Volnation message board like you did with Drew Beam.

These guys are all so inspiring and humble, would have never believed it until I started listening to these podcasts, now I kind of expect it. I wonder how much of the recruiting process comes into play finding the best talent versus making sure all these guys are good people? Because it just takes one bad seed to mess up that chemistry for the whole team. Today’s episode was another great one, enjoyed it. Love it every time you do a shoutout about the Volnation message board like you did with Drew Beam.
Great podcast. Coach V and staff obviously recruit high character and high quality young men. Impressive! PS Drew looks like a Wall Street tycoon in his John Daniel custom suits! 👍🍊😀👊😃

Reactions: OldTimer and MAD
We are working on a Stache Talk, volnation edition. If you have been a long time member and would be willing to talk about the good and bad times in UT baseball, please send me an email at connell_jeff@yahoo.com. We can strictly stay with your handle on here.
This is super exciting. There are a ton of great posters in the baseball forum that have been here through the good times and the lean times, tagged a bunch, apologies for leaving so many off of the list. Please add others I left off.
@NorCalVol67 @vol66 @OldTimer @VolPack22 @txbo @feathersax @@1RBFjr @6-4-3 @cardvolfan @Freak @W.TN.Orange Blood @GregAmsler @taylorvol @cobbwebb0710 @chuckiepoo @volz2wallz @BigDave @Proud Army Wife @TheBigOne10 @NO SIR EEE @fryeguy93 @Volprofch05 @TN_gal @TheMookieMonster @youcancallmeAl @Halph66 @ArdentVol @Volstylexx

Last edited:
This is super exciting. There are a ton of great posters in the baseball forum that have been here through the good times and the lean times, tagged a bunch, apologies for leaving so many off of the list. Please add others I left off.
@NorCalVol67 @vol66 @OldTimer @VolPack22 @txbo @feathersax @@1RBFjr @6-4-3 @cardvolfan @Freak @W.TN.Orange Blood @GregAmsler @taylorvol @cobbwebb0710 @chuckiepoo @volz2wallz @BigDave @Proud Army Wife @TheBigOne10 @NO SIR EEE @fryeguy93 @Volprofch05 @TN_gal @TheMookieMonster @youcancallmeAl @Halph66 @ArdentVol
I remember the days of going down to the last day of the regular season just to make the SEC play in game as the 12 seed. It’s nice to not have to worry about that anymore. We are in the midst of something pretty special with Vitello and I hope everyone soaks it all in and enjoys the ride because it doesn’t last forever.

I remember the days of going down to the last day of the regular season just to make the SEC play in game as the 12 seed. It’s nice to not have to worry about that anymore. We are in the midst of something pretty special with Vitello and I hope everyone soaks it all in and enjoys the ride because it doesn’t last forever.

Those I remember well, my first trips to Hoover were during those years. Brutal, heartbreaking as it was, my son and I still talk about those.

The flip side was you got to see what the schools that took college baseball seriously looked like. It’s nice to be in the conversation now.

We are working on a Stache Talk, volnation edition. If you have been a long time member and would be willing to talk about the good and bad times in UT baseball, please send me an email at connell_jeff@yahoo.com. We can strictly stay with your handle on here.

Vol66 is the guy, as far as I know, when you combine longevity and activity, he’s probably the one who has the most insight of the good, the bad and the ugly of Vol baseball on this forum.

Another great episode of Stache Talk. Loved hearing about the recruiting process and how hands-on Tony Vitello is involved instead of just delegating it out to others.

Surprised that a lot of the players aren’t taking more advantage of NIL. You two seemed to have really figured it out.

Reactions: taylorvol
It’s not easy. Kirby’s girlfriend has really helped too. Takes a lot of hearing no’s. I think most people assume that businesses around Knoxville are stepping up to offer deals and they may be in football and basketball but that is not the case in baseball. Every baseball player that has an NIL deal has had to work hard to get it. But in my opinion that is how it should be. It was never intended to be pay to play and I hope the ncaa shuts those deals down. NIL is to reward players for use of their name image or likeness not ability.

Reactions: taylorvol
It’s not easy. Kirby’s girlfriend has really helped too. Takes a lot of hearing no’s. I think most people assume that businesses around Knoxville are stepping up to offer deals and they may be in football and basketball but that is not the case in baseball. Every baseball player that has an NIL deal has had to work hard to get it. But in my opinion that is how it should be. It was never intended to be pay to play and I hope the ncaa shuts those deals down. NIL is to reward players for use of their name image or likeness not ability.
The NIL jenie is out of the bottle Preacherman.

You won't ever be able to stuff her big fat ass back in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacherman20

VN Store

Back