Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Fanwise I would like to hear (no offense to anyone and I don't have any idea if these folks want to do a podcast, and these are obvious picks)

@feathersax (well really Mrs. feathersax), superfans who have been to Hoover every year Vols or no Vols.

@@1RBFjr who is a minor league team owner/partner and provides a pretty unique view of the college and minor league baseball world

@NorCalVol67 - seems like has never missed a college baseball game played in this solar system.
Thanks, @StarRaider . It’d be fun, but admittedly they may need to put a timer on me 😉

Another great episode, what an incredibly nice humble guy. What I loved was how he would want to to clarify a question before he answered, that’s a simple skill a lot of people don’t have.
The intro was excellent, love your guys enthusiasm.
My favorite part was hearing about your other son coming in for just one single pitch.
Also that scrapbook sounded really special, wish we could have seen some photos from it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, loved the question about being both competitive and supportive of teammates.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I’m behind on these because the start of the semester has been hectic, but did @Preacherman say that he’s never seen a Star Wars movie? Sounds like an intervention is needed that could be organized by Jared Dickey.
The Star Wars exchange was hilarious.

Reactions: StarRaider
Would love to get you guys' honest feedback as we go. It is a process learning software and experimenting with new things. Trying to listen to some different podcasts to hear what we like and don't like. It is interesting doing it with college guys but hopefully you are like me and learning more about these guys each week. We hope to begin to put out 2 a week in a few weeks. I'm going on vacation for 10 days the week of Labor Day so recording 2 a week to get those done and ready for the 2 weeks I will be gone. Doing some graduates starting this coming week that just finished and working on doing coaches when I get back along with VFL's. I will probably drive to Knoxville to do coaches so no mishaps in September also. Plus I'm working on a few extra episodes that would include parents, long-term fans (so I might get some of you guys on that one) and Kirby is working on getting a couple of his buddies on basketball and football teams on.
Kelli
Would love to get you guys' honest feedback as we go. It is a process learning software and experimenting with new things. Trying to listen to some different podcasts to hear what we like and don't like. It is interesting doing it with college guys but hopefully you are like me and learning more about these guys each week. We hope to begin to put out 2 a week in a few weeks. I'm going on vacation for 10 days the week of Labor Day so recording 2 a week to get those done and ready for the 2 weeks I will be gone. Doing some graduates starting this coming week that just finished and working on doing coaches when I get back along with VFL's. I will probably drive to Knoxville to do coaches so no mishaps in September also. Plus I'm working on a few extra episodes that would include parents, long-term fans (so I might get some of you guys on that one) and Kirby is working on getting a couple of his buddies on basketball and football teams on.
Kelli Beam, Beamer's mom, would be a good one...

Reactions: Volprofch05
Outstanding podcast….Redmond is one of my all time favorites. He bleeds orange and grew up a UT fan in nearby Louisville. I like to call him the Alcoa Assassin—perhaps the silent assassin. I had no idea he was interested in coaching and will be a QC Coach for the Vols. That’s truly awesome and he will be a great mentor for the incoming freshmen. Just an all around quality young man. GBO!

Reactions: @1RBFjr
We are doing Stache Talk, Parent's Edition also. We will have Patrick Walsh dropping this Tuesday morning, Keith Dickey, Kelli Beam and my wife in the coming weeks all dropping on Tuesday mornings. They bring an interesting twist to the podcast.
Would love to hear what they love most about their experience as a BaseVol parent and what most fans would be surprised to learn about playing baseball in the SEC.

Episode 1

Jeff and Kirby are going to try and post a Podcast weekly, interviews with UT players and Coaches.........

"We’ve kinda kept this under wraps but here goes. We have started a new podcast. Definitely a new adventure for both of us. Talk about out of comfort zone. You guys were a huge reason for this so you get the first announcement. It will get better as we learn more, get better equipment and learn software better. Format is 29 questions that will be similar for every player and coach with a bonus question designed for a particular player. We will interview a new player each week and hopefully get to two a week. Plus add in VFLs, players from other sports and coaches. corrective criticism is desired Again, we know there are some glitches we have to fix."

i have a long flight (vacation so cant complain) on Sunday. I've downloaded all episodes so you boys can keep me company on the ride. 👍🏻

VN Store

Back