Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

Would love to get you guys' honest feedback as we go. It is a process learning software and experimenting with new things. Trying to listen to some different podcasts to hear what we like and don't like. It is interesting doing it with college guys but hopefully you are like me and learning more about these guys each week. We hope to begin to put out 2 a week in a few weeks. I'm going on vacation for 10 days the week of Labor Day so recording 2 a week to get those done and ready for the 2 weeks I will be gone. Doing some graduates starting this coming week that just finished and working on doing coaches when I get back along with VFL's. I will probably drive to Knoxville to do coaches so no mishaps in September also. Plus I'm working on a few extra episodes that would include parents, long-term fans (so I might get some of you guys on that one) and Kirby is working on getting a couple of his buddies on basketball and football teams on.

Would love to get you guys' honest feedback as we go. It is a process learning software and experimenting with new things. Trying to listen to some different podcasts to hear what we like and don't like. It is interesting doing it with college guys but hopefully you are like me and learning more about these guys each week. We hope to begin to put out 2 a week in a few weeks. I'm going on vacation for 10 days the week of Labor Day so recording 2 a week to get those done and ready for the 2 weeks I will be gone. Doing some graduates starting this coming week that just finished and working on doing coaches when I get back along with VFL's. I will probably drive to Knoxville to do coaches so no mishaps in September also. Plus I'm working on a few extra episodes that would include parents, long-term fans (so I might get some of you guys on that one) and Kirby is working on getting a couple of his buddies on basketball and football teams on.

I think y’all have done a great job. I think the non-baseball questions are great, so not suggesting a big pivot or anything, but after listening to a few of these now, I’d be curious to hear the guys talk a little bit about their evolution as a player from the early ages to today — e.g. when did they first start playing organized ball, how would they describe their strengths/playing style today, and how has that evolved over the years (or have they), etc. (As an example, I’m thinking of Drew here as an undersized pitching prospect suddenly becoming an XBH machine, but I’d just be curious how guys would describe their growth and evolution as a player.)

When is the Vitello episode?

The podcasts are great! Since you mentioned interest in interviewing athletes outside of baseball, I'll humbly suggest that you might try to track down JJJ (Josiah Jordan-James). We've run into him a few times and that dude is awesome, and a big baseVol fan. Otherwise, just looking forward to more episodes!

@preacherman20 Great job to you and Kirby with the podcast! I’d love to hear you interview Chris Burke and discuss what UT baseball means to him as well as how he sees college baseball growing. Special guests could include John Adams and even dare I say…Tony Basilio. Both are new fans of UT baseball and could provide their perspective (after decades in newspaper and radio respectively) of how fans have embraced CTV’s BaseVols, and their thoughts as to why.

John Adams has written more articles on the BaseVols this past season than he’s done in his career. Of course, I’d personally love to hear from Drew Gilbert, Evan Russell, and Redmond Walsh to hear about their lives post UT baseball.

Thanks for input. Lining up a lot of guys for when I get back from vacation after next week. Redmond Walsh coming this Friday followed by Zander Sechrist and Drew Beam. Have all the coaches agreed to be on and just setting up when we will do those. Plus several players from last year including Ben Joyce and Trey already lined up. More to come.

Thanks for input. Lining up a lot of guys for when I get back from vacation after next week. Redmond Walsh coming this Friday followed by Zander Sechrist and Drew Beam. Have all the coaches agreed to be on and just setting up when we will do those. Plus several players from last year including Ben Joyce and Trey already lined up. More to come.
Sounds great. Ben and Trey will be great. Their resilience is impressive and I’m glad that they are reaping the benefits. CFA will be highly anticipated for sure.

Z was interviewed by the Spittin Seeds guys a few months back. Good times 🧡

I was at Lanier Point Park yesterday for the first time and thought of how I wish I had gotten to see Zander pitch there. It’s cool that they won the summer league championship. I think he’s going to have an incredible year.

Fanwise I would like to hear (no offense to anyone and I don't have any idea if these folks want to do a podcast, and these are obvious picks)

@feathersax (well really Mrs. feathersax), superfans who have been to Hoover every year Vols or no Vols.

@@1RBFjr who is a minor league team owner/partner and provides a pretty unique view of the college and minor league baseball world

@NorCalVol67 - seems like has never missed a college baseball game played in this solar system.

How about having Kirby interview @preacherman20 ?
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Fanwise I would like to hear (no offense to anyone and I don't have any idea if these folks want to do a podcast, and these are obvious picks)

@feathersax (well really Mrs. feathersax), superfans who have been to Hoover every year Vols or no Vols.

@@1RBFjr who is a minor league team owner/partner and provides a pretty unique view of the college and minor league baseball world

@NorCalVol67 - seems like has never missed a college baseball game played in this solar system.

Mrs. Feathersax and her significant other would be a great interview with their vast history of attending the SEC Tournament in Hoover

@1RBFjr would be another great interview, I'd love to learn more about the Summer Ball process and experience for the players

NorcalVol67, it would turn into a wine review podcast.......no thanks! :)

Looking to get ramped up after I get back from vacation. Recorded first episode of Parent's Version yesterday and it will come out in the next week or so. Thanks for insights. Keep them coming. Tomorrow morning is Redmond.

Mrs. Feathersax and her significant other would be a great interview with their vast history of attending the SEC Tournament in Hoover

@1RBFjr would be another great interview, I'd love to learn more about the Summer Ball process and experience for the players

I was thinking you would be a great person to have interviewed, there is probably nobody that has seen more or knows more about UT baseball than you.

I was thinking you would be a great person to have interviewed, there is probably nobody that has seen more or knows more about UT baseball than you.
nope, 66 would know more.........he'd be a good one to talk about all the moderation this place needs to keep you guys in line! He actually has been here much longer than I.

Bruin would be epic.

Reactions: OldTimer

VN Store

Back