Spurrier Calls

Spurrier is such a snake... him and Tuberville both. They are always trying to go after teams that are already verbally committed. Good for Crompton saying, thanks but no thanks.

This kid hasn't even stepped foot on the college gridiron and is already shooting down Spurrier... I love it

Hey Spurrier.................... :finger: NO THANKS!

Originally posted by rwemyss@Dec 1, 2004 7:41 AM
Spurrier is such a snake... him and Tuberville both. They are always trying to go after teams that are already verbally committed. Good for Crompton saying, thanks but no thanks.

Not sure why this makes a coach a snake.

It's part of recruiting and UT has done it plenty of times.

why is it a suprise? Spurrier needs a rifle to run his fun and gun offense and probably wanted to work the UT is loaded at QB angle on him.

Had Steve-O taken the UNC job (if it became available) he had one guy on the bench with a gun for an arm, and another already verbally committed.

Doesn't surprise me he went after our guy. I'm glad he told him NO.

I just hate the idea of Luring a kid away after they've already come out and committed to a school. Maybe I'm just bitter b/c Aubarn got Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams. You're right though... Fulmer had committed to 'bama at one point before deciding on the Vols.

Rwe, I understand perfectly.

But just to be objective, UT still goes after kids who have so-called committed as well each year.

I don't see anything wrong with a new coach trying to change kids minds.

These are 18 year olds who dont have a clue what they want sometimes.

Yeah. He said: "No thanks, you can go and ride your dreamboat straight into a 4th-place SEC East finish without me. I'll stay on board the USS Big Orange. I've always wanted to see Atlanta!"

I don't blame Spurrier for doing it. He needs a QB. He is an excellent QB coach. And he knows we already have some top talent here. You can't fault the guy, because nothing is set until they sign the papers.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Dec 1, 2004 6:57 PM
You're right though... Fulmer had committed to 'bama at one point before deciding on the Vols.

What would the BammerNation do if Fulmer had played for the Bear? Their heads would explode trying to idolize and vehemently hate him at the same time. :p
(Anyone remember the movie Scanners?)

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Dec 1, 2004 4:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Dec 1, 2004 4:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rwemyss@Dec 1, 2004 7:41 AM
Spurrier is such a snake... him and Tuberville both.  They are always trying to go after teams that are already verbally committed.  Good for Crompton saying, thanks but no thanks.

Not sure why this makes a coach a snake.

It&#39;s part of recruiting and UT has done it plenty of times. [/quote]
I agree. We were able to lure a top notch QB away from Auburn one year, after he committed to the Tigers.

WHat was his name?? Martin? Tee Martin? How did he work out anyways? :pepper:

VN Store

Back