Spring practice #3. first day in full pads

There are a handful of people who call him out from time to time and I am one of them. As you well know, strong debate on differing viewpoints is a staple of fan forums and I have observed you participate many times. Be fair and consistent in your evaluation of my posts and your participation in hotly debated topics.
Honestly, you are one of my favorite posters. I think you are generally fair. You bring up some good points and challenge my thinking some time.

I just think you are overreacting to 1vol8 for some reason. Yeah. He's strongly pro-Maurer. He makes claims that I cannot affirm but he is convinced of due to being around BM much more. One of the things I've appreciated with him is that he isn't "anti" other guys... except for JG and even then only in a reasonable, non-personal way.

He really didn't like Pruitt having met and spent time around him... and may have been well ahead of the rest of us on that one.

There are several people here who deal with everything as an "either/or". They think to like and favor one guy they have to cut down the others.... and especially the one seen as the greatest threat. k-town_king was an excellent example of that. I haven't seen that from 1vol8.

Reactions: tntar heel
The DC will be bald by the end of 2021, if not sooner, what a task he has in shaping the Vol defense
A test for sure. The DL experience may be helpful but none of them are really elite. Safety has depth but I'm not sure what they're going to do for CB's. That may be worse than ILB.

A test for sure. The DL experience may be helpful but none of them are really elite. Safety has depth but I'm not sure what they're going to do for CB's. That may be worse than ILB.
Yeah. Taylor, Burrell and George return. Not sure where the incoming guys, Christian Charles, Deshawn Rucker and Kaemen Marley fit yet. Maybe Rucker can play corner, not sure.

I like our QB’s...I think Hooker wins the competition to start the season. Has more in game experience and big play making abilities with his arm/legs.

I like our QB’s...I think Hooker wins the competition to start the season. Has more in game experience and big play making abilities with his arm/legs.
I would agree if the season started next month. Mostly because of Pruitt's philosophy of play and offense... I doubt we have an accurate idea of where the ceilings of Bailey and Mauer truly are.

I would agree if the season started next month. Mostly because of Pruitt's philosophy of play and offense... I doubt we have an accurate idea of where the ceilings of Bailey and Mauer truly are.
This is what I think as well. Bailey and Maurer finally have one of the best QB coaches in all of college football. Bailey could end up a Manning type break your defense down at the line pre-snap QB. Maurer has that Brett Favre type gunslinger style. Neither know how to truly read defenses yet.

Reactions: sjt18
That's the fairest option. I don't care who it is, but one of them will step up and prove why they should be QB1.

Yep, remember when Dobbs came in the O/W Spring game and ran for all those yards (before we knew). I was like did the White have the 3rd team D in?.... but the next season he was running wild on about every SEC team. So if the game is set up right you can take a lot from it.

Reactions: buckfama
Yep, remember when Dobbs came in the O/W Spring game and ran for all those yards (before we knew). I was like did the White have the 3rd team D in?.... but the next season he was running wild on about every SEC team. So if the game is set up right you can take a lot from it.

I remember how deceptive Dobbs was. He never looked like he was moving fast but he sure could pick up yards.

VN Store

Back