Spring Ball

mitzustu

With football season officially over last night with the Super Bowl, the next item on the football calendar is Spring Practice.

What are you most excited/interested to see at Spring Practice?

I’ll take the easy one and say the new QBs. Will Navy Shuler contribute? Will he or Tayven Jackson end up the 3 for this season. Will either pass Milton for 2???

There’s a lot more to look forward too but I’ll let y’all chime in. (Not looking for “transfers after spring” as an answer). That’s not spring ball.

PlanetVolunteer

Interested in seeing who other than Tillman steps up at receiver.

I've heard Miles Campbell is good at TE, can he push Fant and Warren for playing time?

How much better does Byron Young and Tyler Baron get?

Can Juwan Mitchell live up to his talent and be the linebacker we need him to be with Banks? If so that will help our defense tremendously. If we can get more out of Beasley and Page that would be nice too. Can Aaron Willis take a big leap? He's got lots of talent? How about William Mohan! Apache! We all forgot about him! He needs to put on weight and if he does we might start seeing him out there. The dude can hit.

Can anyone step up with the DB's?

Bumphus the next Matthew Butler?

How good is Justin Williams really? And whose gonna surprise out of the freshman class?

Then.... LETS GET THEM SPRING TRANSFERS!

TennesseeTarheel

Sorry, but, this IS my day job.
With football season officially over last night with the Super Bowl, the next item on the football calendar is Spring Practice.

I’ll take the easy one and say the new QBs. Will Navy Shuler contribute? Will he or Tayven Jackson end up the 3 for this season. Will either pass Milton for 2???

There’s a lot more to look forward too but I’ll let y’all chime in. (Not looking for “transfers after spring” as an answer). That’s not spring ball.
Freak's after practice updates!

Correction! FINGER'S updates!

Last edited:

BruisedOrange

I'm anticipating a quicker-reading, more accurate [cue the boo birds] Milton to make a legitimate push for the top spot.

On both sides of the line, looking to see which 2nd-year guys become competitive for starting positions.

And can we double our effective depth at all positions by Fall?

Vol in Buckeye Land

I'm anticipating a quicker-reading, more accurate [cue the boo birds] Milton to make a legitimate push for the top spot.

On both sides of the line, looking to see which 2nd-year guys become competitive for starting positions.

I’d like to see Jackson, Shuler, whoever, make a legitimate push for the 2nd spot at QB over Milton. If that helps light a fire under Joe in turn, so much the better, but we need a competent backup regardless.

Mr French

Looking for Clark Lea's eyebrows

Hookers job to lose but if Milton pushes a little that only helps Hooker.

troopervol

Don't think Navy saw too much PT at APPSt.....SEC is a different kittle of fish!

TheVolsFrog

I think Hooker has the #1 locked for now but I do want to see if Milton has progressed. His passes were looking to have more air under them at the end of the season.
I expect this year if we jump out to big leads QB 2 is going to get more playing time, probably the 4th qrt

I want to see the whole defensive side of the ball play a lot better

Iam4utalways

Have the two Captains draft their teams. Play for the beer barrel and some NIL money. Play 2 20 minute halves so time isn’t an issue due to some silly NCAA rule.

No flopping and save the death blows for the fall.

VN Store