Sporting News Top 10 College QB's of All Time

He’s the best option QB of all-time, and it’s not close.
He was so damn good that he won mvp of the national title game that Nebraska lost to FSU. He should have won the heisman in ‘95 and probably would have won it in ‘94 had he not missed most of the season with a blood clot.

No Danny Wuerffel on the list?

The kid was a winner. On and off the field.

He was so damn good that he won mvp of the national title game that Nebraska lost to FSU. He should have won the heisman in ‘95 and probably would have won it in ‘94 had he not missed most of the season with a blood clot.

He was also a missed FG away from winning back-to-back-to-back national titles over FSU, Miami and UF.

Cam was great. But he wasn't the "most dominant". Far from it. He only threw for 204 yards per game, and Auburn won several games by the skin of their teeth. What Newton was great at was coming up big when his team needed him. He was more "clutch" than "dominant."

But again, the biggest issue is trying to compare guys who each played 25+ games to a guy who only played 14.
Can was the entire auburn team that year. Tebow had a ton of help. Percy Harvin, demps/Rainey, and the pounceys on the line. Cam’s best receiver was 3* Darvin Adams who went undrafted. If cam had the same cast Tebow did his numbers would he even crazier. Imo a single player winning a game is the definition of dominant, and that’s way cam did.

I would have Danny Wuerffel somewhere on the list and probably take Elway out. He was a great college QB but his teams never even made a bowl game. I would have Peyton in the top 10 but not #2.

Glad to see Staubach on someone's list. He's still the guy I'd pick if someone said "you have one pick at quarterback for the most important game ever. Who are you picking?"

VN Store

Back