Spencer Rattler

mitzustu

Saw today that he is #4 in a recent set of Heisman odds that were published. Really? Thoughts on when we play him?

I don't know, to be ranked 4th with no substantive film to show Heisman ability is pretty surprising to me.

Reactions: Remy
I don't know, to be ranked 4th with no substantive film to show Heisman ability is pretty surprising to me.
It's an easy, lazy pick to make. Rattler was a 5-star recruit and 2 of the last 3 Oklahoma starting QBs won Heismans. He's coached by Lincoln Riley, a young offensive guru.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Like 05 said it’s the easy pick. He will in all likelihood put up insane stats. It’s because of the lack of defense in the B12 and Riley’s system. His system has produced 2 Heisman winners and a finalist.

When we play him? Well if he is the starter it’s still gonna be tough for us. It’s in Norman where he will be very comfortable. Hopefully Ansley and Pruitt will have a good game plan to stymie him.

Reactions: joevol33
It's an easy, lazy pick to make. Rattler was a 5-star recruit and 2 of the last 3 Oklahoma starting QBs won Heismans. He's coached by Lincoln Riley, a young offensive guru.
I saw him in 1 game doing some mop-up.Playing against a Big 12 team which aren't exactly known for good defense but if the receivers aren't open he's quick to resort to running the ball or it could have been he saw a sizable opening to get good yardage but I think he's a passer 1st and he didn't set the world on fire with his passing game as a freshman.

I saw him in 1 game doing some mop-up.Playing against a Big 12 team which aren't exactly known for good defense but if the receivers aren't open he's quick to resort to running the ball or it could have been he saw a sizable opening to get good yardage but I think he's a passer 1st and he didn't set the world on fire with his passing game as a freshman.
Low game time for the freshmen was more to help pad stats for Hurts.

Rattler may be the best thing since sliced bread, I don't know. I do know he will have a competition for the starting job from Tanner Mordecai who also has an arm and a half. From everything I've heard, Rattler is a natural, but he's still a red shirt freshman.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Saw today that he is #4 in a recent set of Heisman odds that were published. Really? Thoughts on when we play him?

Still hasn't taken a varsity snap in competition no matter how much talent he can bring to the table. Methinks CJP and company will find a way to spook him some.

Jake Bentley embarrassed us in only his second start. Just throwing that out there.

I am sure Lincoln Riley and the OU staff know more than me, and I don't want to jinx anything but he dosen't look that impressive. Physically, he looks small, dosen't have much major college experience and seems like a cocky azzhat. Just my opinion for now and I hope we expose him!
Go Vols.

I am sure Lincoln Riley and the OU staff know more than me, and I don't want to jinx anything but he dosen't look that impressive. Physically, he looks small, dosen't have much major college experience and seems like a cocky azzhat. Just my opinion for now and I hope we expose him!
Go Vols.
Are you talking about Rattler or Baker Mayfield?

Go Vols.

From all the talk, he’s a pretty good, level headed kid with unreal athleticism at the QB spot. Hell, even Brady nor Brees looked that physically impressive coming out of college.
Even if we were to knock him out of the game, presuming he’s the starter, Mordecai isn’t exactly a slouch. I’d have to give OU the edge in QB regardless

Throw out the rest...who was our coach? Who was our starting RB? Did we beat Vandy that season?

Hey I've already got this one down as a W but I know deep down that green freshman and backups usually end up looking like all Americans against us. I think we've turned that page and I think we're gonna shock the world twice next season but I'm desperate to see that happen and to see us dominate in some games we are expected to win instead of barely skirting by. It's not a bad thing to temper expectations maybe?

Hey I've already got this one down as a W but I know deep down that green freshman and backups usually end up looking like all Americans against us. I think we've turned that page and I think we're gonna shock the world twice next season but I'm desperate to see that happen and to see us dominate in some games we are expected to win instead of barely skirting by. It's not a bad thing to temper expectations maybe?
The backup thing didn’t apply last year. Trask had already flipped that script against Kentucky and was the starter by the time he faced us. No issue with tempering your own expectations. I don’t need such conditioning to protect myself. I’m an All American in handling disappointments.

Ok well I'm glad you're confident and I really want to win in Oklahoma too. I think we will even though nothing in recent history against better teams suggests that we actually will. Even the fact that we'll be facing a green rookie.

Ok well I'm glad you're confident and I really want to win in Oklahoma too. I think we will even though nothing in recent history against better teams suggests that we actually will. Even the fact that we'll be facing a green rookie.
I’ll be there either way...expectations untempered. 😎

It was sarcasm. Though I remember plenty of people saying the same thing about Baker. He's undersized, he's a walk on, he can't scramble, etc.

I think Rattler is going to be okay. From everything I hear, the kid is a freak with high potential. A win against Tennessee might be just what he needs to gain confidence going into Big 12 play.

It was sarcasm. Though I remember plenty of people saying the same thing about Baker. He's undersized, he's a walk on, he can't scramble, etc.

I think Rattler is going to be okay. From everything I hear, the kid is a freak with high potential. A win against Tennessee might be just what he needs to gain confidence going into Big 12 play.

The Tennessee win will be Rattlers to lose. Oklahoma will be a favorite and rightfully so. I think or hope Tennessee can find a way to win that.

The size thing might just be me thinking these guys look young and small. Heck, 225 used to be kinda big, now it is a wieght loss goal. The main thing is his ability to lead and make decisions. He seems like a turd to me but I am not his teammate.

VN Store

Back