Speedy WR commit - Marquarius White

I care if you can catch, If you can be beat people downfield, and if you are willing to do the work. I do NOT care about someone else's stars they put on you. When they are coach, they can put what ever stars they want on you. They are not, and half the time they are talking out of their ass sideways anyway. I don't know why you listen. There are so, so many reasons kids get stars, and none of it tells me who you are. It is not 1980 anymore. Leave that to kirby.

A whole lot of two stars have made it to the super bowl, and how many five stars have we seen crash and burn? more then i got fingers.

stars are great, they do get stars for a reason, but there are a lot of reasons kids don't get stars as well.

Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC. I don't know, maybe he's a 155-lb. jitterbug, but a de-cleater delivered by a 230-lb. college linebacker will separate his jitter from his bug. Bundle all that together and I'm wondering what Heupel and company see in this kid.
Name one 230 pound LB that will catch him. We all know it will not be Henry T.

He's listed at 155 pounds. Of course he doesn't yet have the muscle to extend that 40 speed to 100 and 200 meters!

But does anyone really think he's gonna show up in Knoxville a year from now weighing just 155? And the only way his 200 meter time becomes relevant is if he tries to run the ball from the south end zone to the Alumni Memorial Building.

Devonta Smith says you’re full of it.

Speed kills

Devonta Smith says you’re full of it.

Speed kills

I think 15 lbs of muscle that's 4 years more mature, and on that small a frame, actually confirms my point.

Besides... Devonta is from Tangipahoa Parish; Marquarius is from north B'ham. Ya gotta compare apples to apples, not satsumas with osage oranges.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I think 15 lbs of muscle that's 4 years more mature, and on that small a frame, actually confirms my point.

Besides... Devonta is from Tangipahoa Parish; Marquarius is from north B'ham. Ya gotta compare apples to apples, not satsumas with osage oranges.

Smith was listed at 167 when he signed. 12 lbs?

Sort of. I know he's only a rising h.s. senior, but given his track times posted for the 100 and 200 meters, he's not going to run away from too many db's in the SEC. I don't know, maybe he's a 155-lb. jitterbug, but a de-cleater delivered by a 230-lb. college linebacker will separate his jitter from his bug. Bundle all that together and I'm wondering what Heupel and company see in this kid.
wow... where do I start?
1) It's 2021...not 2012. If anybody does any "de-cleating" than it usually results in a TARGETING call. So bye bye big bad 230 lb.

2) So all the DB's in the SEC are running 10.6 -100 meter or better?? That is very interesting. I'd love to see the data on that!

3) He is 155 lbs as a 16 year old. Tremendous short-area speed and quickness. How many guys like this have abused the Vols?? But now I guess they're not good enough if they happen to decide to play with us.

4) You're correct. You don't see what they or just any casual football fan can see- that he's really good. Your whole argument shows how you really don't see anything at all. And that is not our new speed WR's fault.

Reactions: Samthebam

VN Store

Back