Special teams

OWB

Never
Staff member
Well, it's official, I don't care for Sanders. But since this is a touchier subject than the election I am going to leave it alone! Which brings me to my second problem......special teams. It turns out our special teams are not that special. In fact, the only thing special about them is that they are wearing orange and white. I am so sick of Larkins dancing around on the 15 yard line. This was a perfect game to try to make something happen. Why didn't Fulmer try anyone else? Someone with real speed and vision? With exception of Tinsley's return a couple of weeks ago, we are lucky to get positive yardage! Oh, did I mention that I don't care for Sanders? :dunno:

I agree... I have not understood why most of the returners the past few years have been picked. When I saw Tinsley's big return I was so pumped that we finally had somebody get more than 5 yds on a return. I never understood why Troy Fleming was a return man either. I wish we would get somebody like Stallworth back there again.

With all the talent at receiver and running back on the roster, somebody should be busting big returns all the time.

Hefney returned a couple, but couldn't get anything done either. Poor special teams coaching? Yeah, probably... but we can kick. Dustin is having "a bad year" and he still has the 12th best average in the country. Wilhoit has also gotten his rhythm back, after being abyssmal at the beginning of the season.

Yeah, I am not talking about the kicking. We need somebody back there who can run the ball back. If there ever was a perfect time for a great return was yesterdays game!

I agree, we could have really used a big return. We needed a spark badly, a big offensive play, turnover, something, anything.

If you haven't noticed coach has tried several guys returning kicks. He has made every attempt to try and find that big play special team guy.

Coach Sanders has done and continues to do a good job! :clap: If he would've let Rick throw on 4th and 1 and he would have thrown a pick or incomplete pass, you would have called for his head. (Remember when Erik threw a int inside the 20 on 3rd down?) Stop second guessing and ripping the coachs!

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back