SpaceX/NASA - Manned Launch Today

And the past. 45 years since the last splashdown. Brings back memories.
It won’t happen again. I believe the dragon was designed to land just like the fuel tanks after takeoff.
I could be wrong but I believe NASA wanted to splash down and Space X wanted to land.

It won’t happen again. I believe the dragon was designed to land just like the fuel tanks after takeoff.
I could be wrong but I believe NASA wanted to splash down and Space X wanted to land.
Does the dragon have thrusters? I can't imagine they would survive the reentry.

Does the dragon have thrusters? I can't imagine they would survive the reentry.
Correction. I’m not sure! I could have sworn I heard a space x commentator say they wanted to land but NASA wanted the splash down to ring in the new era. Maybe it was random conversation...... I can’t remember now.

Correction. I’m not sure! I could have sworn I heard a space x commentator say they wanted to land but NASA wanted the splash down to ring in the new era. Maybe it was random conversation...... I can’t remember now.

Elon couldn't design it as he originally thought. Tomorrow's the future though.

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
Welp. They lost the 1st stage booster. Still going to successfully get the satellites to LEO though.

That booster crashed into the ocean.

The last time SpaceX had a failed landing was this time in 2020.

It was weird. The telemetry displayed froze at around 20 kilometers. I was watching the drone ship wondering if the seagulls were about to be cooked alive. The narrator just casually says something like it wasn’t a successful recovery and then “we’ll be back in 45 minutes”.

At the droneship view, I noticed a flash on the right edge of the screen and then it went immediately dark, startling the seagulls. I think the booster actually exploded before it hit the ocean.

Reactions: WxVol
At the droneship view, I noticed a flash on the right edge of the screen and then it went immediately dark, startling the seagulls. I think the booster actually exploded before it hit the ocean.
Thats disappointing...they sell those at Lowe's...wonder what they set Elon back?

VN Store

Back