Southern Pigskin Power Poll -- UT- 4th

4. Tennessee - With senior quarterback Erik Ainge back for his final season in Knoxville, the 'Vols have a Heisman trophy candidate under center. Three tailbacks with starting experience return giving the offense balance. A year older and a year wiser, the defense should only improve.

Wonder if these four guys told the rest of the country we had a Heisman candidate at quarterback. They seem to be the only ones who know this...

Kevin Thomas (who picked us as #1) is the only reason we're that high in the poll. The other 3 writers picked the Vols 5th, 5th, and 9th :blink:

Southern people like that and CSS are the only ones who give EA respect cause ESPN hates the South and SEC.

I don't know who Kevin Thomas is but he's obviously a very smart man :rock::rock::rock:.
Kevin Thomas (who picked us as #1) is the only reason we're that high in the poll. The other 3 writers picked the Vols 5th, 5th, and 9th
In the same sense you could say Charlie Kay (dude that picked us ninth) is the only reason we're not top 3. He has Kentucky ahead of us. :lame:

Yes, Kay needs to switch to non-toxic White-Out.

Kicker James Wilhoit is relatively dependable and has 50-yard range, but the ‘Vols must replace a true weapon at punter in Dustin Colquitt. The heir-apparent, ironically enough, is Britton Colquitt – Dustin’s younger brother. Sophomore cornerback Jonathan Heffney has big-play potential in the return game.

:blink:

Bottom Line – The schedule is brutal and the off-season has been worse, but Tennessee is simply loaded at every position, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. With Ainge and Riggs on offense and numerous senior leaders defensively, the roster almost looks meticulously curtailed for a run at Pasadena. The season could be determined on September 17th when the ‘Vols travel to Gainesville to face Florida.

Even more:blink:

Bottom Line – The schedule is brutal and the off-season has been worse, but Tennessee is simply loaded at every position, especially on the offensive and defensive lines. With Ainge and Riggs on offense and numerous senior leaders defensively, the roster almost looks meticulously curtailed for a run at Pasadena. The season could be determined on September 17th when the ‘Vols travel to Gainesville to face Florida

Even more:blink:
am i missing something???????????:blink:

I think the ol Southern Pigskin website forgot that they had a SEC Preview link to update...

I guess they were cuttin corners at southern pigskin. Date on the picture is today. Weird huh

Freshmen WR = bad route running
bad routes = interceptions
interceptions don't get you wins or a heisman

VN Store

Back