South Carolina vs. Clemson this weekend

West Columbia Gamecock

Gamecock Ambassador
This college baseball rivalry made USA Today on Thursday. It is about as good as it gets, this time pitting two top 5 teams against each other.

We play a home and home this Saturday and Sunday, then later in the year a home and home on back to back Wednesdays. It's always fun when the teams split the games. :bad:

Clemson has owned the edge lately. We just remind them of the 2002 College World Series when we punked them out of the tournament with back to back 8 run wins with a spot in the National Championship Game on the line. Of course we lost to Texas in the championship that year.

In the last 28 games, the series is knotted at 14-14.

Baseball is one thing that South Carolina has been pretty good at since 2000. This year they should have a shot at Omaha. There are so many things that have to happen to make it to the final eight.

I'm glad that college baseball is starting to gain some popularity.

Luke Hochevar, the pitcher UT had a couple of years ago was the real deal. Talk about a kid that could absolutely shut you down.

I think Delmonico is a good coach. Give him some time and see what happens.

Vandy has a great coach. I love it when we beat them since he was one of Clemson's assistants under Jack Leggett, affectionately known as "Jack Leg" to Gamecock fans.

Luke Hochevar, the pitcher UT had a couple of years ago was the real deal. Talk about a kid that could absolutely shut you down.

I think Delmonico is a good coach. Give him some time and see what happens.

Vandy has a great coach. I love it when we beat them since he was one of Clemson's assistants under Jack Leggett, affectionately known as "Jack Leg" to Gamecock fans.

Delmonico is a whiner, says stuff and never follows through. He's on thin ice up here. I watched Hochevar and yes, it was a suprise when someone got a hit off of him.

Delmonico might get a free pass this year because his two All Americans have been hurt

Vandy has finally found a sport a bunch smart kids can play (kidding don't kick me off)

Vandy has finally found a sport a bunch smart kids can play (kidding don't kick me off)

Kick you off, are you kidding? Any school that puts all of it's sports programs under the same status as the intramural teams should kicked out of the league.

I wish Vandy would leave the SEC and we could pick up a school that takes athletics as seriously as the other teams in the conference.

good win today for USC. If we can win tommorrow, I think we could jump to as high as #1 in the polls, at least #2 anyway

I don't care much for South Carolina but I can't stand Clemson and their purple unis

Congrats on the win today

VN Store

Back