Source of thrown items?

I sit on the visiting side, a section over from the student section. While yes, you had a meandering item being thrown here and there from fans. 95% if not more, was coming from the student section. The police cleared most of the students out, game resumed.
This is what I saw as well. The police/security ended up pushing back the first 10-15 rows of the student section and creating a barricade until it calmed down.

The Golf ball definitely did come from the Grassy Knoll or maybe it came from the Ole Miss bench.... I think Kiffin played Golf in Knoxville prior to the Game and stuck a range ball in his pocket as a prop....LOL Always the Victim
You do see the irony of this statement today on a Vol board, right?

Reactions: ksgovols
The sad reality is most of what I saw being thrown was from the upper rows and were just landing on those fans closer to the field. A bunch of drunk “high school glory days” idiots just pelting their fellow fans was what it was.
Yeah. I was in the north corner, 48 rows up. I only saw 1 thing thrown from that section and it came from behind me... looked like a full cup of coke but of course it didn’t make the field. Just rained on the fans several rows in front of us

Hopefully no full bottles of beer or alcohol were thrown--that would constitute waste.

Can anyone who was at the game tell me some specifics about where the thrown things came from? Was this mostly a student action or was it coming from all over the stadium? Was it people behind the OM bench only? ALSO: were the Ole Miss fans throwing things? Did the band/cheerleaders leave the stadium because of thrown items from our fans, or from OM fans? Did a lot of OM fans throw things or way less than the UT fans?

Those who were there in Neyland and did not watch it on TV, please relate your experience. Thank you.

They were manufactured by the company that makes Dominion voting machines.

Reactions: feathersax
I was not there but watched Tennessee students getting pelted as they tried to get out of the melee exiting the North East tunnel. I’m betting enough trash thrown on the field and in the stands to fill a dumpster. I’ve heard multiple friends who attended tell me cans of beer and bottles were thrown from upper deck and there were a lot of people treated for injuries.

30+ years ago, Colorado fans were throwing snowballs filled with D cell batteries, frozen oranges, and pee filled water balloons at the opposing teams. You kept your helmet on, hoped you didn't get hit and chalked it up to some great memories.

30+ years ago, Colorado fans were throwing snowballs filled with D cell batteries, frozen oranges, and pee filled water balloons at the opposing teams. You kept your helmet on, hoped you didn't get hit and chalked it up to some great memories.
Social media changed everything. Seeing that stuff live throughout the world in real time changed people's perceptions. TV did the same thing to Vietnam. If Gettysburg had been on TV the Civil War wouldn't have lasted 5 years either.

I sit on the visiting side, a section over from the student section. While yes, you had a meandering item being thrown here and there from fans. 95% if not more, was coming from the student section. The police cleared most of the students out, game resumed.
Mostly came from the higher seats in the south end zone from what I could tell being at the game.

Mostly came from the higher seats in the south end zone from what I could tell being at the game.
Yes, there were some items being thrown from higher over the student section, those items landed on the students.

There’s a new Farmers Commercial coming out…”yep, flying mustard bottle, Neyland Stadium 2021. And we covered it” we know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two. Dum Dee dum dum dum dum.

VN Store

Back