Sounds like Darel Middleton wants to come back.

He's huge and a decent DL. Bring it on if he can work hard and keep a good attitude. I'm sure the people in charge can evaluate the situation better with actual accurate information opposed to rumor, speculation, and creative fiction. I'm sure they can figure it out. With the right attitude Garner could make a beast out of a guy like Middleton. But who knows.

Bring it on if he can work hard and keep a good attitude. .
Therein lies the problem. I've seen his piss poor attitude since high school. No thank you, we don't need the drama. He went to 3 different high schools and now will be on his third college. Sad part is he could have been dominant if he wasn't a head case but he can't get out of his own way.

Therein lies the problem. I've seen his piss poor attitude since high school. No thank you, we don't need the drama. He went to 3 different high schools and now will be on his third college. Sad part is he could have been dominant if he wasn't a head case but he can't get out of his own way.

Use him as an example for the others on the roster about how team-shopping and portal-hopping will actually make your career worse.

Unless you are hopping TO Rocky Top of course. Then it is a genius level move.

To return to Vol football, one must undergo a secret and mystic re-initiation ceremony. No one has ever revealed the details of this ordeal
7E40AF05-1873-48CC-8EE4-62E8D06F9A7E.gif

If he doesn’t get a waiver he will have to sit out next year and he’ll be out of eligibility before he can play again. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark for him to be in the portal at this stage. Makes me think there’s a disciplinary issue with him at WVU. I don’t think I’d take him back.

If he doesn’t get a waiver he will have to sit out next year and he’ll be out of eligibility before he can play again. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark for him to be in the portal at this stage. Makes me think there’s a disciplinary issue with him at WVU. I don’t think I’d take him back.

Reading his twitter above, he graduates in the spring of 2020 and has one year of eligibly left. He can go where ever he wants to as graduate transfer.

Well, I appreciate your personal experience, but I was more talking about the coaches and teammates. We all know you have had a low opinion of Darel for many years. He's actually pretty good though so I'll trust the system on this one.

Well, I appreciate your personal experience, but I was more talking about the coaches and teammates. We all know you have had a low opinion of Darel for many years. He's actually pretty good though so I'll trust the system on this one.
Don't confuse what you see on the field with what happens off the field. And pretty good is laughable. He has 38 tackles with 2 sacks in 20 games at UT. Serviceable but not pretty good. He's lazy, entitled and quits when things don't go his way and I have first hand knowledge of some players opinion of him that played with him at UT. I've seen his attitude in person many times so this isn't based on "rumors". Trust me, he's not worth it. I had truly hoped he would turn things around but at this point it's not going to happen.

And, what makes you think he can get playing time at UT if he can't get any WVU which is why he's transferring and quitting yet again.

Last edited:
Don't confuse what you see on the field with what happens off the field. And pretty good is laughable. He has 38 tackles with 2 sacks in 20 games at UT. Serviceable but not pretty good. He's lazy, entitled and quits when things don't go his way and I have first hand knowledge of some players opinion of him that played with him at UT. I've seen his attitude in person many times so this isn't based on "rumors". Trust me, he's not worth it. I had truly hoped he would turn things around but at this point it's not going to happen.

And, what makes you think he can get playing time at UT if he can't get any WVU which is why he's transferring and quitting yet again.

I think he was one of our better DL. I won't be mad if they take him back. You've spent a good amount of time over the years trashing Darel and I think we all understand your position. In the end it doesn't really matter what we think about it.

Just my $0.02

Huepel has been building team and family this year with those who decided to stay and buy in. He has worked with those dedicated to the Power T and built a close knit team.

Now he has that, he has the addition requirement for whomever he recruits in to this family that they are also all in and dedicated to team and family.

I am not going to say whether he wants back or not or if he would be a good fit or not, but a Huepel has to ascertain that as well as his ability to add to the team abilities on the field.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
You can't blame these kids for wanting to play with a Winner. We have all been wonderfully surprised at the success on the field this season. If any of the transfers had a change of heart, and we could us them, welcome them back. Very positive, free publicity.

I'm not worried about JG coming back even if he wanted to HH is our qb as far as Pruitt I'd take him back as a defense analyst
I do not think Pruitt was that great a mind as a defensive guru. At Bama he had the very best college
players to work with. How could he fail, especially with Saban as boss. I think we will keep what we got, thank you.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back