Sorry but its getting old [Barnes discussion] (merged)

TN should be better next year. BJ Edwards is around a top 50 and JJJ will be a sophomore. Fulk will be missed, but at this point BHH will not be missed (at this point) except as helping the other bigs see a big physical guy in practice everyday. But by adding Aidoo and Tamba while Uros and ORN are a year older I don’t expect a drop off in the post. Losing Santiago and JJJ would hurt. But BJE helps if SV exits and QD/JM may not be a huge drop off if JJJ leaves.
JJJ a sophomore?

I would love for Plavsic to take that next step and be more productive on the offense end.

It’s frustrates me so much for a guy his size to not average at least 14 points a game.

He has all the potential to be a good player if he can stop playing scared.

I would love for Plavsic to take that next step and be more productive on the offense end.

It’s frustrates me so much for a guy his size to not average at least 14 points a game.

I think that he can get another couple of easy baskets every game by simply being on the same page as ZZZ and KC. They both can easily get to the rim but struggle to convert. Uros could be the beneficiary of those two drawing defenses to them and then dropping the ball off to UP for easy scores.

I’ve cheerleaded for Uros on here as much as anyone, but 14 appears to be considerably above his athletic level regardless of height. If he could give 15-20 minutes a game with 6-8 points and 5-6 rebounds then I think he would have maximized his ability here. JMO

Reactions: Lankykong
I’m over it! The lack of preparation and execution day in day out is too much! I have better things to do than watch this slop! Barnes has lost this team! His roster management this year and each season is very bad.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Lil what a pathetic showing. Wonder who Barnes blames for this one. Downhill rest of season

I’m over it! The lack of preparation and execution day in day out is too much! I have better things to do than watch this slop! Barnes has lost this team! His roster management this year and each season is very bad.
People that talk about how great he has recruited, however, doesn’t matter as he does nothing with it

People that talk about how great he has recruited, however, doesn’t matter as he does nothing with it
He’s only been able to recruit guards, and mentally beats the offense out of them, his recruiting or 3, 4, and 5 spots has been very bad! Look how many he as ran off and how they are all playing better than when they were at UT.

Crazy thing, on paper this is one of Barnes' most talented rosters. When all is said and done are they one of the lower performing rosters in his tenure with us?

Love coach Barnes and he can coach as long as he wants here, but he's a sweet 16 coach. Looking pretty good and giving us hope only to look like crap on offense and underachieve when it matters. New team, same old song.
We used to be happy making the tournament before Pearl and him. Some of us are old enough to know. But yeah this team stinks.

Every school is happy to make the tournament, Barnes is what he is. An above average to good coach at times, he has never been a great coach.

Reactions: 08Vol
I would be happy to see Rick retire if we either don’t make the tournament or if we lose in the first round of tournament. This offense is from 1999
Same old same old with Rick. If he didn't make a FF with Grant and Scho he isn't with any team. Team looks worse than ever and now looking worse on defense .

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back