Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Tennessee is a sweet 16 at best program. I don’t know why people think this is Kentucky or Duke waiting to happen. We’ve played over a century of basketball and it hasn’t happened. And it’s not because we haven’t had good coaches. I think some of you have placed too high expectations on this program in the hopes that it could make up for the recent blunders of the football program. I just enjoy it for what it is.
You are 100% correct.
I can still believe his teams often underachieves and generally likes to lay offensive eggs when it matters.

Oh look, you're back. Don't think we've seen you since the last loss. What a surprise that you'd race to the board as quickly as possible, tonight.
I STG I very nearly put in the game thread at one point “The way we’re playing, we’re sure to see 1985Vols real soon” and decided I wouldn’t be like that and two minutes later he started posting in it

Typical Big Twelve type defensive game..............

Kesling and Hamer said on radio broadcast that Tennessee would not shoot the three like this 9 out of 10 times and Texas Tech challenged almost every shot at the rim.

Fulkerson was the player of the game defensively tonight.

Bigger concern is we let them dictate the pace and tempo the entire game. Shooting will come and go with this group but we can't let them impose their will when it comes to pace and tempo.

Like going to the sweet 16 every year would be a bad thing.

Since the NCAA tournament was started in the 1930's I believe Tennessee has advanced past 16 exactly once.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Combine questionable coaching with a 5* that cant make a simple layup dunk via knee buckling.... He plays so soft for a guy his size... James is solid but his game hasnt changed

The one thing I can't understand is how starting last year their are games where the whole team can't hit the broad side of a barn. You would think at least one or two guys would shoot the ball well, but they dont. They even shot bad from the foul line.

VN Store

Back