Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Only 16 teams out of 325+ are better than the Round of 32 teams. TN has only had better results than the R32 8 times EVER. This team is right around R32 or S16. A few bounces good or bad and they’re easily one-and-done or S16.
Can't tell sometimes if you're just being funny or serious. Since his Elite 8 in the 7-8 season Barnes has one SW16 4 first round exits and 4 2nd round exits. That's considered in most circles regression, no matter how many bounces here and yonder. But I still think there is some hope for him if he can start landing SEC calibre big men to go with his guards.

“ slightly lesser “? Barnes isn’t in the same league with Pearl. Look at their head to head. Pearl even beat Barnes when he had Kevin Durant
Is Hugh Freeze a better coach than Nick Saban because he beat Alabama twice in his last three seasons at Ole Miss?

Acting like there is some enormous gulf between Barnes and Pearl is stupid. They are similarly successful coaches. I'm even willing to admit that Pearl is better, but it isn't the difference in a Porsche and a Ford Focis like you're pretending.

Is Hugh Freeze a better coach than Nick Saban because he beat Alabama twice in his last three seasons at Ole Miss?

Acting like there is some enormous gulf between Barnes and Pearl is stupid. They are similarly successful coaches. I'm even willing to admit that Pearl is better, but it isn't the difference in a Porsche and a Ford Focis like you're pretending.
More like a Porsche and a Ford Mustang

Reactions: 08Vol
Can't tell sometimes if you're just being funny or serious. Since his Elite 8 in the 7-8 season Barnes has one SW16 4 first round exits and 4 2nd round exits. That's considered in most circles regression, no matter how many bounces here and yonder. But I still think there is some hope for him if he can start landing SEC calibre big men to go with his guards.

Was there a rebuilding of a program in there somewhere?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Plav is a damn stiff. Hatfield should be a senior in high. school but for Barnes lazy arss recruiting.
It is, I dont totally understand Barnes roster construction at the moment. We have Fulk and ORN in the post. Uros who was on the team last year but never played, then two guys who should still be in HS and Aidoo who nobody expected to contribute this year. Either he expected BHH and Tamba to be better than they are which i then blame on him for not having them ready to play, or he put all his eggs in the WK basket and got burnt. Either way you look at it though its bad recruiting and roster construction.

Reactions: 08Vol and patrick
Plav is a damn stiff. Hatfield should be a senior in high. school but for Barnes lazy arss recruiting.
Plav may have played his best game in his career, tonight. 12 pts, 7 rebs in 16 minutes, and he didn't play like a stiff tonight, for once. He even dunked a couple balls instead of laying it in softly.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Plav may have played his best game in his career, tonight. 12 pts, 7 rebs in 16 minutes, and he didn't play like a stiff tonight, for once. He even dunked a couple balls instead of laying it in softly.

I thought Plavsic was clearly our best big tonight and this from a known Plav hater

Look LSU is a very good team that we played on the road. They have great size and are very athletic. At some point we have to start making 3s consistently. I can't blame Barnes for Jo bricking 6 wide open 3s. His offense consistently gets us pretty darn good looks, at some point the players have to hit them. To our credit, we never gave up and had it down to 5 with a little less than 2 to go, but made some freshman mistakes down the stretch. Rebounding needed to be better tonight, too many second chance points.

Barnes would get paid the same whether you put in $100 or $0.

Your argument makes no sense.

Bullsh-t. The administration and the big donors ponied up to keep Barnes because they were in a financial condition to do so because of season ticket holders and contributors of all size throughout the years.

The thing that gets coaches fired is when people stop showing up and not renewing tickets.

Not saying Barnes is overpaid but the big donors stepped up because of the support the program was getting from the bulk of the fanbase.

Maybe it's time to see if we can get Gruden to coach! Oh wait...that football....sorry!

VN Store

Back