Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

It's a December game on a neutral floor. Bad night offensively. Texas Tech is long and athletic they will be competitive all year long.

These games happen and this team will be fine. Two good teams we played on short turnaround and traveled a million miles to play.

Shooting and missing a ton of threes with no offensive rebounding is a plan for disaster.

What makes them not very good? They went out and smacked Michigan and Georgia Tech after we whooped them. Looks like a great win for Barnes and the team right now
You mean the same Michigan team that lost to Arizona by 18 and the GA Texh team that lost to Miami of Ohio? UNC is not very good

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
I understand this is a typical Barnes team.

Big Game Rick Barnes, the $5 million coach
Most overpaid coach in the history of college BB. 1 Final Four in his career and 3 NCAA wins in 6 years at UT.
Gets outcoached by a 64 year old career asst in his fist year as a HC. Who by the way makes $1.9 million. You da man Rick.

So what you're saying is, it's not that I didn't explain myself very well but that you typically can't comprehend anyone's posts on the forum?

It’s the same “Barnes can’t do this or that” conversation that’s been spewing in these last few threads.

Can you tell the difference in an off shooting night vs bad basketball?
If I’m a coach and my team is 2 for 25 from 3 I think I might change my strategy and stop shooting 3’s. Not sure what we are paying a guy $5M a year to do if we can’t at least get that amount of coaching

Reactions: Malivol
Don DeVoe made the tournament every year. Jerry Green made the tourney every year and a Sweet 16 and still got forced. Barnes is no better than either of those two coaches
Oh look, you're back. Don't think we've seen you since the last loss. What a surprise that you'd race to the board as quickly as possible, tonight.

Love coach Barnes and he can coach as long as he wants here, but he's a sweet 16 coach. Looking pretty good and giving us hope only to look like crap on offense and underachieve when it matters. New team, same old song.
Tennessee is a sweet 16 at best program. I don’t know why people think this is Kentucky or Duke waiting to happen. We’ve played over a century of basketball and it hasn’t happened. And it’s not because we haven’t had good coaches. I think some of you have placed too high expectations on this program in the hopes that it could make up for the recent blunders of the football program. I just enjoy it for what it is.

Love coach Barnes and he can coach as long as he wants here, but he's a sweet 16 coach. Looking pretty good and giving us hope only to look like crap on offense and underachieve when it matters. New team, same old song.

But does this game really matter in and of itself? It's a painful loss and a terrible offensive performance. But it's still early on in the season where teaching moments and lessons can be learned. Giod defense by TT, and we were off, but alot of poor shots taken.

Let the guys weather this and come out tougher on the other side. Need to take better shots, be patient, and create inside more. Not shoot yourself in a hole. Id be more concerned I'd it was February and this game happened.

VN Store

Back