Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Pearl just keeps getting better. Barnes peaked back in the Bush Presidency era. He has done way more at Auburn than Barnes has here. Pearl would have done just as well here if not better. Man just knows how to coach games that matter. Barnes in the other hand just sits there on the sidelines like a fan and enjoys the game. Barnes brings zero in game energy.
🤭

I thought you didn’t care what coaches did in the past, yet here you are trying to make this argument. 😂😂😂

Pearl just won the tourney. He has reached a higher game in the NCAA tourney, whooped our ass in the previous SEC champ game and won it twice now that he did it again in present day. Give it up.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Pearl just won the tourney. He has reached a higher game in the NCAA tourney, whooped our ass in the previous SEC champ game and won it twice now that he did it again in present day. Give it up.
I’m happy for Pearl and most Tenn fans are very positive of him for resurrecting the program back then but I don’t understand your argument here? Is he a better coach than Barnes? Sure there is an argument to be made that he is, but nobody is in here trying to say he sucks…

Reactions: NEO
I’m happy for Pearl and most Tenn fans are very positive of him for resurrecting the program back then but I don’t understand your argument here? Is he a better coach than Barnes? Sure there is an argument to be made that he is, but nobody is in here trying to say he sucks…

I don’t like Barnes. He irritates the piss out of me. It’s nothing personal. He just drives me nuts. He builds a great team but can’t seem to scheme against teams he doesn’t match up well against. He just never alters and it bites him in the arse in tourney play. It’s nothing against you. Barnes just drives me insane. And I do miss the emotions Pearl brings.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
I don’t like Barnes. He irritates the piss out of me. It’s nothing personal. He just drives me nuts. He builds a great team but can’t seem to scheme against teams he doesn’t match up well against. He just never alters and it bites him in the arse in tourney play. It’s nothing against you. Barnes just drives me insane. And I do miss the emotions Pearl brings.
Fair enough

Reactions: NEO
I keep reading how Barnes builds a great team ( talented) but he can't coach em up.
Who are all these talented players. I see three starters and I see two/ three # 7/8 guys.
Seems he's done a good job with the talent

You’re a Pearl Meat Rider.

Thanks for clarifying that. 😂

Nice play off the hangers theme earlier in this thread.

Also from other posts, I have learned that you cannot include Pearl's stuff outside of UT, but you can include Barnes according to the hangers side.

In the real world, Barnes has had a great career. Pearl seems to be doing fine and is younger so he will probably have a darn good career himself.

I liked Pearl a lot and still think he is a very good coach and Barnes too. The reason for that is that both have won some games and could get us into the madness.

I personally do not care who our coach is, but I do know which team I want to win it all. Also, if I do not like what is happening in games, I will not like it and that has been the case no matter who our coach is. I was that way starting with DeVoe given my age. I always will be that way.

I do not love coaches based on how I think we might be able to socialize at a conservative church get together nor do I believe that there was ever a clean, pure, game (take your pick bball, fball,etc.) where the true amateurs competed until it came to the point that the evil jewish guy came in and went smu football with the bball program (didn't happen and nobody seems to think our football team has been wrong about things lately).

As for NCAA rules (summary of above), they are enforced by an organization that has shown favoritism for years, in multiple sports, with far more fandom amongst that organization for schools more outside the southeast. Thus, I hope their rules based on who they like or not (unc bball anyone?) are obliterated.

I love coaches who can win. Most of all, I love the team because I always have since I was listening to Mears coached games with Darden, Grunfeld, King, Jackson, and Johnson, but not forgetting the rest including notable ones (to me like Bertelkamp, Threeth, and Crosby back in the mid 70s.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh

Also from other posts, I have learned that you cannot include Pearl's stuff outside of UT, but you can include Barnes according to the hangers side.

In the real world, Barnes has had a great career. Pearl seems to be doing fine and is younger so he will probably have a darn good career himself.

I liked Pearl a lot and still think he is a very good coach and Barnes too. The reason for that is that both have won some games and could get us into the madness.

I personally do not care who our coach is, but I do know which team I want to win it all. Also, if I do not like what is happening in games, I will not like it and that has been the case no matter who our coach is. I was that way starting with DeVoe given my age. I always will be that way.

I do not love coaches based on how I think we might be able to socialize at a conservative church get together nor do I believe that there was ever a clean, pure, game (take your pick bball, fball,etc.) where the true amateurs competed until it came to the point that the evil jewish guy came in and went smu football with the bball program (didn't happen and nobody seems to think our football team has been wrong about things lately).

As for NCAA rules (summary of above), they are enforced by an organization that has shown favoritism for years, in multiple sports, with far more fandom amongst that organization for schools more outside the southeast. Thus, I hope their rules based on who they like or not (unc bball anyone?) are obliterated.

I love coaches who can win. Most of all, I love the team because I always have since I was listening to Mears coached games with Darden, Grunfeld, King, Jackson, and Johnson, but not forgetting the rest including notable ones (to me like Bertelkamp, Threeth, and Crosby back in the mid 70s.
As much talent that were on those Mears' teams, quality depth was minimal. I remember a 2 overtime game down at Alabama where Mike Jackson jumped center to start the 2nd OT. He had made a running 10 footer off the glass to send it to that 2nd OT

Ah yes, I knew some delusional clown was going to comment in this thread because Pearl finally won the SEC tourney. Just forget about us winning it a few seasons ago and forget about us winning the regular season title

So sad that idiots have to ruin good things for people who actually enjoy basketball

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

"I love coaches who can win". Lifetime, choice seat on the bandwagon

Reactions: BisonVol

VN Store

Back