Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

So silent after the Duke game and now suddenly everybody is spitting PBR on their screens.

Because losing to a mid major program with an only second ever elite 8 appearance on the line under does that and makes it completely irrelevant. One step forward, 2 steps back. It ain’t rocket science.

Reactions: OC VOL FAN
Lol. Just dumb. This program has never been more relevant than it is right now.

I used to think like this. I was truly hopeful when Barnes got here.

I tried to excuse the misses at Texas as bad luck.

He has been to 5 tourneys and lost 5/5 to lower seeds. Failing to exceed expectations once.

That is the epitome of consistently not getting it done unless your barometer for success is getting into the tourney.

Thankful he got us out of a bad situation but we are doomed to languish in purgatory with him.

If not for injuries, we likeky were one of the top 5 teams in the nation. We will never know though. Only one team in the nation can win it all. Takes a bit of luck, health, and skill.

This isn't mediocrity and the FF isn't a standard for as school that's never made one.
And we never will make it with Barnes. Dude is almost 70. This school can recruit itself with NIL and all the resources/world class facilities, fan support and top arena. It’s time to move on and get a hungry up and coming coach

And we never will make it with Barnes. Dude is almost 70. This school can recruit itself with NIL and all the resources/world class facilities, dan, support and top arena. It’s time to move on and get a hungry up and coming coach

All of those things you just listed are possible BECAUSE of Barnes bringing our program from the grave…..

I used to think like this. I was truly hopeful when Barnes got here.

I tried to excuse the misses at Texas as bad luck.

He has been to 5 tourneys and lost 5/5 to lower seeds. Failing to exceed expectations once.

That is the epitome of consistently not getting it done unless your barometer for success is getting into the tourney.

Thankful he got us out of a bad situation but we are doomed to languish in purgatory with him.
I hate the offense, but it is what it has been all year … and we lost our PG. I don’t know what the surprise is here.

Reactions: TC 83
And we never will make it with Barnes. Dude is almost 70. This school can recruit itself with NIL and all the resources/world class facilities, dan, support and top arena. It’s time to move on and get a hungry up and coming coach

Ahh, yes.

The good ole up & comer is going to magically save us.

Reactions: LSG410EC83
I’m not a Barnes hater but he has done as much as he is going to do here. We need to move on but it will be a very important hire. Texas didn’t do well in hiring and many of their fans now wish they hadn’t gotten rid of Barnes when they did.

I’m so torn right now. At least according to Volnation, you are a Barnes apologist or Anti-Barnes. I feel like I fall in between. On one hand it’s nice knowing the tournament is likely every year, but on the other hand, we know how it ends each year. While the players have to make plays, roster management is 100% on Barnes. This is not a good roster!

VN Store

Back