Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Have fun accepting mediocrity. This is the ceiling with Barnes. If you have no aspirations for a final 4 then so be it, but some of us do. Barnes NCAA Tournament record speaks for itself and isn’t going to magically get better next season
This isn't mediocrity and the FF isn't a standard for as school that's never made one.

Reactions: Vol49er
So if the seeds say TN should be in the sweet 16, and they're playing a team that should've lost in the first round, then they should win correct? So the numbers say this is another failure.
No that’s not what it means at all. They went as far as their seed dictated they should.

All in all, unless we see some major Transfer overhauls on the roster it’s hard not to see this team taking a step back next year. I’m just amazed how tight Rick’s teams play on the big stage. I really hate it for him.
Hate it for who?? He is the reason they do this year in and year out! This is an obvious trend. The game passed him up years ago. He needs to go.

Barnes have had offensive teams with Grant and Admiral-- It's not his fault. He creates great teams. I prayed he would win mostly so I didn't have to hear so called fans yell that he needs to be fired or he's not a good enough coach.
I agree and I’m not saying Barnes needs to go. Not by any means. But we’ve been lackluster offensively for 4 years now.

I’d rather take the chance on an up and coming coach then rinse and repeat with Barnes. Those of you that don’t need to raise your expectations. We have top of the line facilities, NIL program, location, resources, etc. Our #1 rival Bama has dominated football the last 15 years and have a good shot at winning the basketball NC this year too. Sickens me

Have fun accepting mediocrity. This is the ceiling with Barnes. If you have no aspirations for a final 4 then so be it, but some of us do. Barnes NCAA Tournament record speaks for itself and isn’t going to magically get better next season
Lol. Just dumb. This program has never been more relevant than it is right now.

And to add insult to injury, Alabama is going to cruise to a title in basketball. Danny White, when you need to hire a new coach-hire an elite recruiter that signs elite athletes.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
You have to keep lying to yourself that the regular season matters, and Texas didn't fire him for this same $#@&. TN just masterfully acquired him. Also ignore what Musselman has done in 3 yrs. Because "who ya gonna get".

Barnes is a damn good coach. Going on a run in the NCAA is alot about luck. No doubt March Madness is entertaining, but not really the best way to find the best team.

Hate it for who?? He is the reason they do this year in and year out! This is an obvious trend. The game passed him up years ago. He needs to go.
Agreed. His teams are one dimensional and they always get beat in March by a team that ms more physical then us, the dudes freaking motto’ l! And once a team gets a pulse on offense we are screwed bc we can’t fkin shoot.

Reactions: OC VOL FAN

VN Store

Back