Sorry but its getting old [Barnes discussion] (merged)

Good call. We should definitely just have all conversations in 1 thread. It’s easier that way and I can’t imagine any potential upsides to organizing information by topic rather than purely chronologically.

Listen, there is absolutely no news at this point in time about TN recruiting. VQ seems to be on vacation and our insiders only know so much. It’s completely harmless to talk about other topics that are related to our ability to recruit, like NIL, in a topic about recruiting when there is no other news.’

It’s really not worth getting so upset about.

It’s really odd to create a new thread and in the first post write “I don’t have anything to say about this”.
Well nobody else was doing it and people obviously want to discuss the topic. Maybe they really only want to derail other threads? That seems to be the lesson to me. Y’all are just agents of chaos

I hate to be that guy… No I really do, but looking at the returning players and the recruits we have coming in Tennessee is going to take a major step backwards this coming year. With less depth, no KC, this could be the year the Barnes hecklers catch up to him. I’ve been a Barnes believer since he got here and I’ve continued to stick my neck out for him giving him the benefit of the doubt, but is the coaches play style outdated?? I mean all defense, defense , defense , defense and the all to well known phrase,”It’s not about me.”
if you was a recruit would this system jump out at you and make you be interested?? The NBA loves offense, hell everybody does. Ever heard the saying a good offense always beat a good defense?? Well I think that saying is especially true in basketball..
I know I’m probably going to get blasted for this , and part of me really believes in coach Barnes but we have to ask ourselves, is the coaches style outdated boring, and honestly those post season woes makes you wonder if the style even translates to when it matters most.. I know we don’t have any options that’s out there, like a big fish I guess.. but look at TV he was an assistant coach and pretty much everybody overlooked him. He’s done wonders for Tennessee baseball, and it’s because he’s fierce, young, and a go getter with a winning attitude.. maybe just maybe after this season Tennessee finally starts closing the chapter on the Rick Barnes era.

Not done yet,, but how do you feel about this post with the last three additions. Still looking forward to see if Coach has another LATE rabbit to pull out of his hat, HS or transfer. You have a whole series of similar posts. I am guessing White is not working his replacement list too hard right now.

I just don't get it. We have many years of just wishing we could compete with Kentucky. To get a 5 star recruit in house was big news. Now you have a man who kicks Kentucky's butt regularly and signs 5 stars every year and we want him to move on. We saw for two decades in football that swoping coaches doesn't automatically work. Huepel will and has raised the standard and when he doesn't when the national championship soon, fire him. I'll guarantee some are ready for Vitello to move on already. We need to be fans and see the positives ever once in a while, I'm tired of these glass half empty people, I am happy with all of our coaches right now and want to keep them. If your not Vandy is still in the state and need fans!

I just don't get it. We have many years of just wishing we could compete with Kentucky. To get a 5 star recruit in house was big news. Now you have a man who kicks Kentucky's butt regularly and signs 5 stars every year and we want him to move on. We saw for two decades in football that swoping coaches doesn't automatically work. Huepel will and has raised the standard and when he doesn't when the national championship soon, fire him. I'll guarantee some are ready for Vitello to move on already. We need to be fans and see the positives ever once in a while, I'm tired of these glass half empty people, I am happy with all of our coaches right now and want to keep them. If your not Vandy is still in the state and need fans!

I understand frustration about lack of postseason success but Barnes is a great coach. I think we can have a breakthrough year with him and it will probably be a year where we are a 4 seed or lower. The Tournament is a mess for higher seeds and it is hard to win sometimes in that format.

VN Store

Back