Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

This. He’s done it his entire career. Not sure why we should expect anything different.
What's REALLY crazy is some of us say "I thought Barnes was a better coach than he is and would get his best teams to the FF" then the supposed true fans who are reasonable and think Barnes is a better coach than you think come in and say "nah man you should expect a 2nd round exit as a 3 seed".
It's a bizzaro world we live in.

I have a lot of respect for Barnes and what he has done for our program. We are certainly in a better position than we've been in a long time.

However, I don't understand not adjusting until late in the game on the pick and pop Michigan was running. A decent middle school coach would've quit doubling off the pick after the Dickinson kid made his second 3.

Getting bounced in the first weekend to lucky/hot/etc. teams is increasingly frustrating. They had an excellent season and brought home some conference tourney hardware, but I worry what effect losing Schwartz and pending roster turnover will have on next year.

Having Rick Barnes on your sideline is the equivalent of Buzz Peterson.. You KNOW he will never win anything meaningful. So what is the point?

I vote we push him to retire. I'd rather go back to sucking and the administration continue to look for someone who can actually win when it matters then trot the biggest choker in ncaa tournament history out there every year for the guaranteed L.

Barnes sucks.

You sir, are an idiot.

I am kinda concerned with losing Mike Schwartz to ECU. I think he had a major effect on the defensive effort. I hope we find someone just as good to replace him.

Maybe cause his best player almost died last year and hasn’t played since….

His health issue was last season. Blaming an injury from last season to make excuses for failing this current season and resulting in jumping ship to a 4-5 win UGA program is not a smart argument to make. But go off, chief.

His health issue was last season. Blaming an injury from last season to make excuses for failing this current season and resulting in jumping ship to a 4-5 win UGA program is not a smart argument to make. But go off, chief.

If White had not underperformed last year, he wouldn’t be on the hot seat after this yr.

Pulling for Rick Barnes is like.......

Thinking it's a good idea to get back with that girl who tried tried to bang your colleague at the Christmas party.

This game isn’t on Barnes. We had our ice cold perimeter shooting return at the most inopportune time.

It’s not on Barnes, but it’s solidified to me that this university is just broken. If THIS team with THIS talent and THIS elite Point Guard couldn’t get it done, no team is going to get it done.

It’s time to just enjoy regular season basketball for what it is. We’re ****ing cursed. We’ll never get it done.

Pulling for Rick Barnes is like.......

Thinking it's a good idea to get back with that girl who tried tried to bang your colleague at the Christmas party.
No. More like you got a gf way out of your league but every Christmas party she hooks up with the guys that are uglier than you but you stay with her because she's by far the best you can get.

No. More like you got a gf way out of your league but every Christmas party she hooks up with the guys that are uglier than you but you stay with her because she's by far the best you can get.

Eh, he's a good coach, but he isn't doing anything significantly or unusually good. In fact, in my lifetime, he's the second most accomplished UT coach. Unfortunately, the most successful couldn't stay out of his own way. Barnes is a solid coach, but I'm not sold we won't ever do better than him.

Reactions: hog88
This game isn’t on Barnes. We had our ice cold perimeter shooting return at the most inopportune time.

It’s not on Barnes, but it’s solidified to me that this university is just broken. If THIS team with THIS talent and THIS elite Point Guard couldn’t get it done, no team is going to get it done.

It’s time to just enjoy regular season basketball for what it is. We’re ****ing cursed. We’ll never get it done.

Yeah I don't know if it's Barnes, but I'm just not ever going to believe it until I see it with this team; no matter the coach. I picked us for the Final Four this year and I will never do that again. I don't care if we go into the postseason with only 1 loss, I'm not doing it.

Eh, he's a good coach, but he isn't doing anything significantly or unusually good. In fact, in my lifetime, he's the second most accomplished UT coach. Unfortunately, the most successful couldn't stay out of his own way. Barnes is a solid coach, but I'm not sold we won't ever do better than him.
We fire him today. Who are you bringing in that you KNOW is better?

Having Rick Barnes on your sideline is the equivalent of Buzz Peterson.. You KNOW he will never win anything meaningful. So what is the point?

I vote we push him to retire. I'd rather go back to sucking and the administration continue to look for someone who can actually win when it matters then trot the biggest choker in ncaa tournament history out there every year for the guaranteed L.

Barnes sucks.

Without Barnes, we don't win a regular season SEC championship, we don't win a SECT championship, and we don't go to the NCAA in five straight years. Barnes is the best thing that ever happened to what has always been an otherwise mediocre basketball program.

VN Store

Back