Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was insignificant. They haven't won it in 43 years. That's a huge deal. I'm saying it's not as big of a deal in general to tell how a teams season went as it is with the regular season standing (barring major injuries or something).
Im glad you admit I didn't say anything about him not early his salary. I don't care what others say. This thread is specifically about what I have said.
I've never made a thread on the basketball forum that I recall. The ONE time I do I even start off showing how much I like Barnes and hope he stays so people don't think I'm a "hater" and yet many on here say that I may be.
I've enjoyed much of the season as I have his tenure here. I was just getting frustrated from the same old issues that creep up under a Barnes team.
And I clearly never thought Barnes wasn't "good enough" because I have said in this thread that it's my own fault that I keep getting my hopes up. So you could say I thought he was better than he is.
Zactly. It’s all about what you said. You done an honorable job defending your position. Now. Drop back, lurk, and pay attention. If you’re not careful, you may learn to appreciate another sport.

Anybody heard from 1985Vols? Haven’t seen him around here much lately.
Ha!
There is no way that is a genuine Vol fan. No true fan takes pride in their team losing but that's what @1985Vols does, as long as he predicted it first. Probably a Vandy fan, I would bet.

There is no way that is a genuine Vol fan. No true fan takes pride in their team losing but that's what @1985Vols does, as long as he predicted it first. Probably a Vandy fan, I would bet.
I’ve never understood this. Even local radio guys seem to take pride in rooting against the Vols, just so they can say they predicted it. Personally, I wish somebody would just be a flat out homer. Like Bert. Can we all be more like Bert?!

I was super pessimistic after the 0-2 start to SEC play, and like others I was pretty despondent after Kentucky beat us by 28. But, the beauty of being human is that you can change your perspective with new information (at least, most of us can), and I fail to see how anybody could be unhappy with Rick right now. I want to get to the Final Four as much as anybody, and I'll be disappointed with an early exit, but he's done a really incredible job this year and leads with love and integrity.

I was super pessimistic after the 0-2 start to SEC play, and like others I was pretty despondent after Kentucky beat us by 28. But, the beauty of being human is that you can change your perspective with new information (at least, most of us can), and I fail to see how anybody could be unhappy with Rick right now. I want to get to the Final Four as much as anybody, and I'll be disappointed with an early exit, but he's done a really incredible job this year and leads with love and integrity.
I was never despondent because our guys were young and playing their toughest early games on the road. I felt as they matured and learned from their mistakes, they would get significantly better.

Look, I also get nervous before games like this when we’re favored. All it takes is a couple of cold spells and leaving the underdog in the game and you can get beat. But I still say if we play to our potential and they play to theirs, UT wins. We shall see.

Reactions: Lankykong and vol94

VN Store

Back