Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

The book has yet to be written for this team. It is December. But we have gone ice cold twice against our biggest opponents. And we had good looks.
Play physical and get in our grilles and you’ll beat us. Teams that are long enough and athletic enough to do this will cause us problems all year. We are not at all physical

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Correct. Youd think after coaching for damn near 35 years youd have 700+ wins.

That’s 20 wins per year just on those numbers alone…and he actually has 733 wins. Coaches at places like George Mason, Providence, and Clemson. That’s just awful.

Whatever, I’m pissed as hell. Maybe the worst game I’ve ever witnessed since we defeated Temple 11-6 in 1973. Horrible coaching to get beat by a first year coach with a bunch of transfers on his roster.

Then you clearly just want to forget Cuonzo Martin. That’s part of your problem- you aren’t honest. It’s stupid.

Whatever, I’m pissed as hell. Maybe the worst game I’ve ever witnessed since we defeated Temple 11-6 in 1973. Horrible coaching to get beat by a first year coach with a bunch of transfers on his roster.

Then you need to find a job or a hobby instead of stressing yourself to death over Barnes.

Nothing stopping you.

You’re right.

Let’s go back to playing Vandy for last place in the SEC again!

Making the tournament sucks.
You do know we are a top 5 program all time in SEC wins ? Don’t act like this program was garbage and Saint Rick has delivered us from purgatory. He’s a decent coach but he’s only the 3 rd or 4 th best coach in UT BB history

Don DeVoe made the tournament every year. Jerry Green made the tourney every year and a Sweet 16 and still got forced. Barnes is no better than either of those two coaches

What an ignorant post. Devoe was TN’s coach for 11 years and missed the NCAAT 5 straight years. Just STFU already.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how we don't get some kind of alternative offense running when we are shooting <10% from deep. Motion, dribble drive, high/low, post, top of the key/mid-range game, back door, . . .

Very frustrating. No adjustments.

What an ignorant post. Devoe was TN’s coach for 11 years and missed the NCAAT 5 straight year. Just STFU already.

He just doesn’t tell the truth. I’ve seen far worse tonight when O’Neill and Martin were coaching. Heck, Pearl went out in style with a 30+ point defeat. So overly dramatic and whiny.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
How does a team shoot 11% and 18% from 3 in a season for a supposed good 3 point shooting team? Better yet, why can't we figure out another offense when the 3 point shot fails us?

I like Barnes a lot, but there's got to be something else we can do on offense to manufacture points.

You do know we are a top 5 program all time in SEC wins ? Don’t act like this program was garbage and Saint Rick has delivered us from purgatory. He’s a decent coach but he’s only the 3 rd or 4 th best coach in UT BB history
“Top 5 in the SEC”

There’s one giant and 13 dwarfs in the SEC historically. That’s bragging about being the 4th tallest dwarf.

Reactions: volfan4lyfe
What an ignorant post. Devoe was TN’s coach for 11 years and missed the NCAAT 5 straight year. Just STFU already.
DeVoe made the tournament 6 of 11 years and got fired after he made the tournament. He’s also the last UT coach to win an SEC tournament. He actually Accomplished more at UT than CRB has so far

When he came in we were fresh off firing 2 coaches FOR CAUSE in 4 years. Without looking it up, I’d venture a guess that’s never happened at any other program. We were a national laughingstock. You should be grateful Texas was dumb enough to fire him because we would’ve been shopping Division 2 for a coach otherwise.

I mean I’ll argue with 85 all day, he posts some crazy stuff. But I’d be lying if I didn’t think the game looked an awful lot like a Cuonzo game

That’s the problem though…he first said it was the worst since we lost 11-6 in 1973. I am the one who brought up Cuonzo, and he halfway concedes.

He doesn’t tell the truth, is overly dramatic, and is an emotional mess.

Reactions: southgatevol

VN Store

Back