Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

I love Rick, he’s done a great job here but I’m ready to move on. This team hasn’t changed in the past 5 years. Same stuff different season. No offense, no rebounding, TERRIBLE time management, the only thing we do is play defense. I love a good defense but we have to have offense. It’s how basketball is these days. You can’t win if you can shoot.

Finishing this game with 2 timeouts. He could have stopped the bleeding, but no. 18-2 run. That’s on the coach.

Reactions: EaglesVols91
If you’re going to come into this thread, don’t post stupid sh*t like this.

it’s not stupid. He’s a choke job. Love the man and what he’s done here but goodness gracious. It’s gotta be called like it is at this point. I wasn’t expecting to win it all by any means but you can’t choke away such an opportunity. The other times I at least understood to a degree. But this one was just dumb.

Reactions: 08Vol
Tennessee was a four seed and made it to the sweet 16. That’s how far four seeds are supposed to advance. Disappointing given that it looked like the bracket had opened up, but this isn’t a “choke job” by any stretch.

How dare you speak so logically!

I love Rick, he’s done a great job here but I’m ready to move on. This team hasn’t changed in the past 5 years. Same stuff different season. No offense, no rebounding, the only thing we do is play defense. I love a good defense but we have to have offense. It’s how basketball is these days. You can’t win if you can shoot.
Wasted an all time great defense on incredibly ****** offense. Key jacking up wild shots and missing with so much time left on the clock. Horrible offensive schemes. 18-2 run with no timeouts. Please Rick, retire and just give us a chance with someone new

Projected finish by seed versus result under Barnes

2017- Sweet 16, L in R32
2018- Elite 8, L in S16
2020- R32, L in R64
2021- Sweet 16, L in R32
2022- Sweet 16, L in Sweet 16

And we got upset by lower seeds every time!

Please someone defend that result table!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back